Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Wrong Quilting >

Wrong Quilting

Wrong Quilting

Old 09-13-2016, 04:14 PM

The same thing has happened to me. I was disappointed with one of my finishewd quilts. It wasn't how I imagined it turning out. Put it away for several months to "season". Imagine my surprise when I took it out and liked it! I think that I built up how awful that quilt was in my mind and was pleasantly surprised at how much better it looked with the passage of time!
Old 09-13-2016, 07:03 PM

I like this--the loops break up the square blocks and the color of the thread is fine and shows how nicely to did those. Anyone should love receiving this for a cozy quilt.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:23 AM

I love your quilt. The quilting suits the fabrics. Don't beat yourself up over it. I often chicken out and use thread that blends in too much and regret that the quilting doesn't show up enough. I bet once this quilt is washed and dried, the thread color will be less noticeable. Your quilting stitches look great, and your loops are very uniform.
Old 09-14-2016, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by Tweety2911 View Post
It's a fun, beautiful quilt and the thread color is fine as is the quilting. If you are still truly unhappy with your quilting try washing the quilt which makes it crinkly and makes the quilting look better (at least it does for me) .

I was going to say this too. I'm OFTEN not happy with my quilting but after I wash the quilt it all crinkles up so nicely! Your quilt really does look great! It does.
Old 09-14-2016, 05:26 AM

I think it looks great! If it really bothers you, wash the quilt! The depending on the type of batting you used, you may find that the quilting lines disappear as the quilt "fluffs" out. I love the look of this quilt and think you will like it with time too. Take a step back, give it a wash, and admire the results!
Old 09-14-2016, 05:34 AM

You have done an awesome job - the quilting is very nice indeed. I really love your quilt and the quilting. Good job!
Old 09-14-2016, 06:26 AM

It's perfect! Enjoy your gorgeous quilt.
Old 09-14-2016, 10:43 AM

Hey, wait a minute...this is a great looking quilt. There are so many vibrant colors in the fabric I don't know if there could be a "wrong" color thread. It looks great and you should be proud of you work.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by elly66 View Post
I'm sorry you dislike the quilting. I think the way you quilted it really brings out the cats. It's very cute. Can you put it away for a time (several weeks) then look at it. That sometimes works for me when I don't like a quilt. Literally stepping back from it.
Great advice. I like your quilt but its your opinion that is the one that matters. If you still dislike the quilting after putting it away for awhile and are willing to unstitch it then do it. I have taken apart items because I didn't like them (everyone else liked them) and guess what ... I like the new versions better. It is really about what makes you happy.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:48 PM
mac

I agree, with everyone else. The quilt looks great. The quilting doesn't look out of place or the wrong color. It enhances the quilt and you did a wonderful job. It is done and not sitting in a closet waiting to be quilted. Hurray! As someone else said, "we are our worst critics." If you really don't like the quilting or the thread color, remember when it gets washed the quilting will meld into the quilt and won't be so noticeable. However, I don't think there is anything wrong with the color thread you used. Pat yourself on the back for a job well done.

By the way, I often feel this way too, when I finish a quilt. I'll pick out something that I am not satisfied with and obsess about it. I'll put it away for a while (usually in disgust, LOL) and then when I see it again sometime later, what I thought was so terrible and stuck out like a sore thumb, suddenly I don't even notice anymore. I put this down with working with it so closely and wanting everything to be so perfect, that I pick it to death. When in actuality, there is nothing wrong with it at all.