Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Printed Treasures - printing on fabric >

Printed Treasures - printing on fabric

Printed Treasures - printing on fabric

Old 09-27-2016, 04:19 PM

Default Printed Treasures - printing on fabric

Hello!

I just printed 10 pictures on these sheets (have used these before with no issues).

This time, I can't peel the backing off without it coming off in tiny strips.

Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

If I soak them in cold water, will the paper backing come off? I really do not want to have to buy them again, and print again ... too expensive!

Thanks very much,

Marion
Old 09-27-2016, 05:52 PM

I usually always have trouble removing the backing from Printed Treasures fabric. What I do is make a tiny rip in the top of the backing, then press the backing with a hot iron. You may need to hold the iron in the area with the small rip for a few seconds. Once the backing is hot, it will peal right off with no problem. I really heat the top and start pealing. I sometimes have to stop and place the iron on the bottom section if it has cooled off too much. Try the hot iron on the backing. It works! The hot iron is much better and faster than soaking in water.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:39 AM

I try to avoid using Printed Treasures printable fabric. I've had the same issue with the backing not releasing, but even worse, I've had sheets that curled up at the edges and jammed in my printer and wasted the sheet. The last ones I bought were June Tailor, and they worked very well.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:17 PM

Thanks franc36 It did work after I ironed it like crazy - thinking I would burn either the fabric or the paper ... (thankfully did not), but did burn my fingertips!

I called the store I got them at and explained to them. They were upset as well as the stock the product. So I took lots of pictures to show them, (since I finally have them all peeled off) and am bringing them both packages and all the teensy pieces I had trying to get the backing to come off.
Old 09-29-2016, 06:06 AM

I had the same issue and even sent the company an email, never heard from them. I'll try to remember the iron trick, if I use them again, last time I bought bubble jet set and made my own!!!
Old 09-29-2016, 03:32 PM

I did end up getting it all off with the super hot iron trick! But, it was very annoying. I brought it back to the store (I had taken pictures), and they were awesome, they gave me back my money! I was surprised because they didn't get the fabric sheets back LOL Because after all, the hot iron trick did work.

I don't blame the store at all, they can't know about every single product unless someone tells them.

It's super weird because I have used them before and had no issues. This "new and improved, easier to peel off backing" was horrible!