Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Links and Resources
  • Just an FYI re: Sizzix dies >
  • Just an FYI re: Sizzix dies

• Just an FYI re: Sizzix dies

Old 09-30-2016, 06:03 AM

Default Just an FYI re: Sizzix dies

Learned something yesterday and wanted to share. For those who have a Sizzix die cutting system, there is a recent ( don't really know how recent!) description of size word age change. The measurement will state ___assembled size. Used to be state finished size. Ask me how I NOW know. Decided to try my version of pies and tarts using 3" FINISHED hst dies..I have both Sizzix and GO. Did the Sizzix first using the 4" squares I had accumulated..hm. Looked smaller, made one, WAS smaller. Turned out my die package states 3" finished! But actually is 2 1/2" finished. Contacted company..they explained packaging has been re-worded to read assembled..my package is about 3-4 yrs old. Just want those who may have "older" geometric dies to check...is it finished or assembled...means so much different
    Old 10-01-2016, 05:17 AM

Thanks for sharing the information. Makes it confusing (to me).
    Old 10-02-2016, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by coopah
    Thanks for sharing the information. Makes it confusing (to me).
    Sorry for any confusion my op may have caused. I posted the info for those who may have the Sizzix dies....old vs. newer. Die dimensions are the same, but printed info on each has been changed to read "assembled size" as opposed to what the older ( like mine) packaging states--"finished size". So in the case of the hst I talked about..when the two triangles are sewn together to make the square, it does measure 3" (assembled size), but when that piece is then joined to whatever else - it measures 2 1/2" ( finished size)....and in what I was going to do this would not have worked...I needed a true 3" finished...and therefore, I was made aware by the company of the change in wordage.
    Old 10-02-2016, 05:16 AM

Sizzix can be used to cut fabric?! They are on sale at Tuesday Morning.... Guess I'm going shopping.
    Old 10-03-2016, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by ibex94
    Sizzix can be used to cut fabric?! They are on sale at Tuesday Morning.... Guess I'm going shopping.
    yes, which one does TM have...make sure you buy the plastic pads (2-1 on top, 1 on bottom- come as a set) too....