Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Matthew is making me decide what to do in the sewing room >

Matthew is making me decide what to do in the sewing room

Matthew is making me decide what to do in the sewing room

Old 10-07-2016, 04:47 AM

I hope you got away from the beach. We are okay in Ocala...so far. The storm went to a Cat 3 overnight, so praises for that! We have rain, some wind, but nothing like on the coast. Many have power outages, so wherever you are, I hope there's power so you can sew to keep your mind off the home you left.
Old 10-07-2016, 09:15 AM

Prayers for you and yours, live in Myrtle Beach area, but not in direct line of the coast we will get a bit but not like you, be safe
Old 10-07-2016, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
Stay safe. I have the weather channel on all the time. It looks like Matthew might be one of those sticky boyfriends that keeps coming back. Some models have it going out in the ocean and turning back on Florida. I hope not.
Sitting here watching weather reports had to imagine the worst scenario: Matthew does what you have said and then crosses over Florida, gets into the Gulf of Mexico and heads right on up to us. Can't remember which one, but it's happened before. Was it Andrew? I, too, pray that all are safe. Our granddaughter and her hubby are in Pompano Beach. We haven't heard from her since Wednesday.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:44 AM

Prayers for everyone in Matthew's sights. It looks like he is still causing havoc even though he has slowed down. Let us know how you all are after all the water goes out.
Old 10-08-2016, 02:57 PM

I'm on the Treasure Coast and we lucked out. The small jog to the east really helped. We lost the power late Th. night and it was restored Fri. afternoon. It's still exhausting getting ready and putting everything back, plus some yard work. Hope all do as well.
Old 10-09-2016, 02:04 PM

I'm home!!! We ended up in Fitzgeral, GA.. I did some sewing,and we met a lot of great people that were in reach of Matthew too. My DH went back to JAX BCH Sat.to see what happened before letting me come in if the electricity or damage to the house. THANK YOU for the prayer. We lost a few plant and a couple of sections of privacy fence, but who cares about those things!! Our neighborhood was Blessed that homes were not damaged or flooded. There are a lot of water Oaks around everyone's homes that are old, and their root systems aren't deep. I went to Homestead after Andrew hit them so I do know what a hurricane can do!! It isn't pretty. Thank You again for the prayers!!!!