Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 10-14-2016, 12:41 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sushi View Post
A few more questions for y'all as I venture into the world of machine embroidery:

1. What do you do when the design you've downloaded specifies colors that don't have equivalents in your brand of thread? (For instance, what thread I own is Isacord. The design I want to use specifies Madiera, and only about 1/2 the colors have corresponding equivalents in Isacord.)

2. Can you mix brands of thread in one design? Can you mix rayon with polyester?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!
....First of all I will sit and cry...then I will get angry and frustrated.....in the third step I will try to run a fast quick design where I would mix the colors....(different kind)....and check to see how it works....
Good luck.....start step 1 (crying ) .....and please don,t forget to post about the results....Most of us in here are in the learning process...(me included)
Old 10-14-2016, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by ania755 View Post
power...I love my embriliance but I bought only he essential and the enthusiast and they don,t convert.... I am relatively new to Mac as well so I really don,t want to go back to window.... I will have to think if to buy the rest of of embrilliance program ( which is expensive for me since I do it all for fun only ) or go back to window and download the willow (which I know is awesome program as well )..... Thank you..... so many toys and possibilities.....and all the learning curves....LOL
Anita, Tajima's Pulse Ambassador is free, easy to use, changes formats and thread colors--does sew ribbon (shows stitch out)---prints actual size w/ info re how much thread top & bottom.
Wings My Editor is free, changes formats, colors, edits (cut away design parts you don't want, resizes, rotates, and merges. I have both these for many yrs ..and have been very pleased. I understand you can even digitize with Editor, tho I have not tried. No need to pay for conversion software. The best money I ever spent was for Embrilliance Thumbnailer to have images of my designs --hover mouse over design to see size in cm and inches, # of thread colors, & # of stitches .it works in Windows and in Mac. Wonderful company gives personal help if needed and usually the same day.
Old 10-14-2016, 02:00 PM

mermaid...Thank you so much....SOOOOOOOOOOO much.....I did,t even know about their existence.....
Old 10-14-2016, 02:06 PM

DJ like your Christmas stamps Great job. I LOVE JUJU designs.
Old 10-14-2016, 02:28 PM

sushi I mix all my threads not sure if that is good but it what I do.

I don't know what machine you have but when I had my Designer 1, I bought light, medium and dark of all my thread. that just get me started with small thing. If your in to larger designs you will need more colors. where ever you buy your thread try to get a color chart from them. HAVE FUN and GOOD LUCK
Old 10-14-2016, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by ania755 View Post
mermaid...Thank you so much....SOOOOOOOOOOO much.....I did,t even know about their existence.....
if you choose My Editor, feel free to ask me questions..it can look daunting at first, and there is long long manual, but once you get the hang of it, you will like it, I'm sure.
Old 10-14-2016, 04:24 PM

Thanks to everyone for keeping this thread alive. Working on embroidery design right now will try to post when I get it finished!!!!
Old 10-14-2016, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
if you choose My Editor, feel free to ask me questions..it can look daunting at first, and there is long long manual, but once you get the hang of it, you will like it, I'm sure.
Mermaid, thank you so much....
I will sure check into it....
And first if all I will need to fix my laptop that has windows ...since I had switched to Mac....
It will take me a while but I will sure let yoy know....... Just to think that there are free options, makes me so happy......HUGS.....
Old 10-14-2016, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Maggie_Sue View Post
Thanks to everyone for keeping this thread alive. Working on embroidery design right now will try to post when I get it finished!!!!
We will be waiting...hurry up...and when I will succeed to fix my old laptop with the windows ...I will probablly be able to post in here again.......
Old 10-15-2016, 03:41 AM

I have a 770QE. Bernina. I did not get the embroidery feature but can add it, which many have encouraged me to do. Will love reading how you guys all use them, if it is a worthwhile addition....