"Weigh In"

Old 01-31-2010, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lneal
Does anyone want to "Weigh In"? This would be a quick report of our progress made. I'm sure it would encourage others and even keep us motivated!! I'm talking about lbs lost, or staying with an exercise routine, taking our vitamins ect... anything we are doing to get healthy.

Welcome aboard!! Anyone can join us,
I actually started Jan 10. I've lost 9 lbs so far. I am walking with Leslie Sansone morning and evening 5 days a week. I am using the CalorieCount website (boy is it handy!) Definately have been hungry a couple of times going to bed; but I keep telling myself it's actually ok to be hungry.

We can do this girls. One step at a time.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:31 PM

Well, her I am, trying to make a difference in my life. Really, it's you all who are making a difference in my life. Your encouragement is so crucial to how things are going here.

I got on the scale, and have lost 0 pounds. Yes, that's right - 0 - but I have started exercising, and getting more water for hydration. Changing the diet is slow... But I am trying some of the suggestions here.

Thanks for your hints and encouragement. It CAN be done. It may take a little time. (I keep telling myself I did not gain this weight overnight. It won't melt away like the snow! though I wish it would! :lol: )
Old 01-31-2010, 07:47 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Quilt Mom, I feel your pain. I don't expect to show any loss the first time I "weigh-in." You have made some very important changes. What a great start! Remember, you will be losing fat and gaining muscle from exercising. The more muscle you build, the more calories your body burns. Isn't that wonderful?! Why is it so hard to get started?! I can change my eating habits way before I can start to exercise. Oh, they also have found that 10 minute intervals several times a day is just as beneficial as 30 minutes of straight exercise.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:21 PM

Quiltmom...I have lots of faith in you!! You have the right attitude!

I'm down 2 lbs. VERY happy with that, as I'd been at a plateau since...hmmmmmmm November, I think! I think we decided that the last day of the month would be weigh in? Or was it the first day of the month?

I need to exersise more tho...need to tighten up some of these muscles! Can't do much about the skin at my age, except to bat my eyelashes at either a plastic surgeon or some rich ol' duffer that can afford to pay him!
I'm thinking if I did that, William won't be buying me anymore sewing machines tho...
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm decisions, decisions!! :lol:
Old 02-01-2010, 02:57 AM

Anyone ready to "weigh in" with monthly weight loss total?

I have lost 6lbs!! This weight loss is not happening very fast (53yrs old) like it did when I was younger!! I still intend to stay with it tho. I'm exercising and counting calories.

So far we have on board dakotamaid Mamagus beckyw Charlee Mrs Mel sew cornie littlehud bluebird janRN lacikat quiltincharlotte jwwskis joeyoz ChasingHawk PamG Karyn purplemem barnbum Pats8e8 obie2 QuiltMom Teacup LovingIzabella QuiltingGrannie QuiltMania sewspecial watterstide wvdek Lneal BrendaB Rose Hall laparshall Sharon- NC Oklahoma Suzie Mama Bear61 quiltnana vjengels Alu-Rathbone Aunt Doggiel lhavelka Leota diannemc Jeanclark

Way to go girls!!
Old 02-01-2010, 03:39 AM

Down six pounds in January
Old 02-01-2010, 04:53 AM
Banned

O.k. I hate weekends! DH and I tend to go out to eat sometime over the weekend. Which ------ adds pounds as my will power is weak when eating out. BUT the good news is I only gained 1 pound this time! Now, I have the next 10 days off, 5 of which will be a road trip with eating out every day. I will need more will power! Send some my way.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. And congrats to all who have success. To those of us who are struggling --- we can do it! Never give up! One day at a time, one meal at a time, one work out at a time.

Have a great week.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
. . .I got on the scale, and have lost 0 pounds. Yes, that's right - 0 - but I have started exercising, and getting more water for hydration. Changing the diet is slow... But I am trying some of the suggestions here.
Quilt Mom: Hey at least it wasn't a gain! Great job! You'll be fine, just keep it up.
Linda
Old 02-01-2010, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
Well, her I am, trying to make a difference in my life. Really, it's you all who are making a difference in my life. Your encouragement is so crucial to how things are going here.

I got on the scale, and have lost 0 pounds. Yes, that's right - 0 - but I have started exercising, and getting more water for hydration. Changing the diet is slow... But I am trying some of the suggestions here.

Thanks for your hints and encouragement. It CAN be done. It may take a little time. (I keep telling myself I did not gain this weight overnight. It won't melt away like the snow! though I wish it would! :lol: )
Try tracking what you eat too. It will amaze you as to just how much you are putting into you mouth. Write everything down and look up the calories.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
. . .my will power is weak when eating out. BUT the good news is I only gained 1 pound this time! Now, I have the next 10 days off, 5 of which will be a road trip with eating out every day. I will need more will power! Send some my way. . .
Quilting Grannie: It is tough to eat out at resturants. The first thing I did was to stop going to fast food restaurants with the exception of Wendy's and there I order a salad.
When I am out, I ask for things to be made to suit my weight loss needs. Dressings on the side (low fat). Extra lettuce on any type of sandwich I order. I try to order wraps instead of regular sandwiches or burgars. I also ask for the sauce and dressing on the side and then I use it for dipping. Leave the croutons off the salad (I hated that at first). I only get soups the are made with broth, nothing creamy. Instead of fries or chips, I substitute the vegetable of the day. It takes some getting used to, but the results will start showing up in no time at all. Oh yeah another big one that everybody hates. I only order water when I am out. And I make myself drink it all. Good luck with the changes you are making.
Linda