Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016 >

Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016

Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016

Old 10-26-2016, 08:03 AM

MaryToddLiz: if you don't have me for the SS, you can always send those cookies my way anyway

My person has four-legged pets. And I'm in love with this kind.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:44 AM

Default SecretSanta

Originally Posted by redstilettos View Post
MaryToddLiz: if you don't have me for the SS, you can always send those cookies my way anyway

My person has four-legged pets. And I'm in love with this kind.
Just trying to get a note in-haven't been on in awhile-waiting for one more thing for my package-then will mail it out, it is going kinda south of me..
Old 10-26-2016, 11:12 AM

Thank you marytoddliz, every time I think about changing it ...well I look at it and it just seems to keep fitting some of the roller coaster rides that come my way haha!
My SS is far away from me, Likes/Wants Anything, Likes bright fabric, all styles of quilting and chocolate. The one thing she wants?...well that would be giving it away wouldn't it??
Old 10-26-2016, 11:26 AM

oh too funny Should not type with a headache! My SS lives E of me not west I live west. And I really like paisley too look at not sure about in a quilt though. would love to visit Ireland and Scotland. Have long lost relatives in both places.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:34 PM

I see a lot of people mention wanting to travel to meet relatives in different countries. Has anyone else been able to do this?

Summer of 2015, we were able to meet distant relatives in southern France. My dad's cousin has visited them a few times and she gave me their email address. I emailed them to let them know we were going to be visiting France and would love to meet them for lunch or dinner. Instead, they invited us to stay with them! We spent three days/two nights with them, met their nieces and nephew, and the niece's/nephew's children (all were more of our relatives). They took us to the house where my great-gramma grew up, took us to Belcastle and Conque, along with a few other places. While communication was somewhat limited, we still had a wonderful time. They were amazing people and I hope to be able to visit them again.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:36 PM

Oh, favorite Christmas colors... blue and silver, red and sparkly white (or silver, if red goes with silver), dark green and silver.
Old 10-26-2016, 06:02 PM

I went shopping today and also got a package from Missouri Star. I have everything now for my SS. My SS lives east of me. Way East. I love this SS stuff. I like those things that keep the bobbin from unraveling but don't have any. My favorite xmas colors are RED, Green, White or silver. I don't do much hand sewing if I can help it. I forgot what the rest of the questions were.
Old 10-26-2016, 06:56 PM

"once you don't believe in Santa you get underwear."

LOL when i was a child, it was either underwear or socks. there was 12 of us kids and not enough money for much more than necessities. Welfare would always send gifts from Santa--those were the ones we looked forward to getting. one year i noticed my father wasnt opening his gifts so i asked him why. he picked each one up separately and said " this one is socks. This is underwear, This is more socks" etc. I thought about how mad i would be if that was all the enthusiasm i could get toward the gifts i received. so from then on I always made sure there was a gift for him that he coudnt guess the contents--some were useful items like the quilted flannel shirts he loved, others he would have never bought for himself like the fly casting rod. Xmas became more fun for me with watching his face light up over a gift he wasnt expecting.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:05 PM

WOW!!! Ya'll have been chatty, chatty, chatty! Trying to catch up on the thread. Sorry I have been MIA. Checking quickly with PMs, but that's about all I have been able to do. We are doing a refi on our house and trying to get everything together for it. We put a deck and small addition on the back and we are trying to get the inside of the addition finished off ourselves. With hubby working, it's hard. We only have a few hours when he gets home from work to get some of the stuff done, but it's going slow. I still have some touch up painting to do in some of the rooms. Have to get it all done before appraiser comes. We are also headed out for a quick trip to Omaha for a friends Change Of Command Ceremony, so I won't have internet/computer from the 1st to the 4th of November. If hubby brings his laptop, I'll try to check in if I can.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:21 PM

Been shopping for my ss today. Found 3 things and walked miles looking for 4 & 5. Still I have plenty of time I'm sitting back now, in the hole, having a wine and its only 3 pm.