Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 11-08-2016, 10:43 PM

5D is great software but I don't like it when a company (not just Viking) continues to upgrade but then doesn't support the version you paid a fortune for. As much as software is, all of them should be free upgrades for life, just saying.
This is what happened to me! Eventually my perfectly good Pfaff became "obsolete" because the software no longer worked with it. Eventually I had to give it up and went to Brother which isn't as good or intuitive but...Now my Pfaff is totally useless and I couldn't even give it away. I can't sell it for scrap metal because it's all plastic. Do they do this with a man's hobby such as guns?

[/COLOR]
Old 11-09-2016, 04:56 AM

The game is to make us buy more and more.....and many times when we buy some upgrades ( in generally) we are ending up with new problems.....and need more upgrading......
Old 11-09-2016, 06:19 AM

I have Florine also, I honestly haven't used it to its full potential but I do like the upgrades for free. I use the resizer the most!
Old 11-09-2016, 06:48 AM

For those of you who are not fond of free motion (or unable to do it - I am utterly FM challenged ! ), you might be interested in the Edge to Edge Embroidery software for quilting a quilt. It was really inexpensive in the scheme of things when I bought late last year at my lqs - and that worried me about the quality. I tried it once when I bought it and struggled with it - only because of hooping the quilt -- BUT ... then I bought one of the 5X7 magnetic hoops and just this week used it again. What a difference! Even though the software says small designs are a little over 5X9, I used my Embird software (which I also love) and resized one of the designs down to fit in the 5X7 hoop and embroidered around the borders of a 42 X 40 quilt. So if you want the look of free motion designs but cannot do it, check out this software. Mind you, I don't worry about perfection and hooking up exactly --- but this definitely is an improvement over stitch in the ditch (my previous goto).

This is the lady who created it if you want to look at her site, and there is a great YouTube video on it also. www.ameliescott.com

And by the way, I do have a machine that will do the 6 X 10 designs, but I do find the 5X7 size designs in any embroidery I do a lot easier to work with because the bigger the hoop, the more opportunity for problems because of too much play with the hoop moving and also in getting a snug fit inside the hoop. JMHO

Everyone, have a great day. I recently retired and hope to get my stash used up (so I can get more - ha ha).
Old 11-09-2016, 07:35 AM

[QUOTE=Rennie;7695946]For those of you who are not fond of free motion (or unable to do it - I am utterly FM challenged ! ), you might be interested in the Edge to Edge Embroidery software for quilting a quilt. It was really inexpensive in the scheme of things when I bought late last year at my lqs - and that worried me about the quality. I tried it once when I bought it and struggled with it - only because of hooping the quilt -- BUT ... then I bought one of the 5X7 magnetic hoops and just this week used it again. What a difference! Even though the software says small designs are a little over 5X9, I used my Embird software (which I also love) and resized one of the designs down to fit in the 5X7 hoop and embroidered around the borders of a 42 X 40 quilt. So if you want the look of free motion designs but cannot do it, check out this software. Mind you, I don't worry about perfection and hooking up exactly --- but this definitely is an improvement over stitch in the ditch (my previous goto).

This is the lady who created it if you want to look at her site, and there is a great YouTube video on it also. www.ameliescott.com

And by the way, I do have a machine that will do the 6 X 10 designs, but I do find the 5X7 size designs in any embroidery I do a lot easier to work with because the bigger the hoop, the more opportunity for problems because of too much play with the hoop moving and also in getting a snug fit inside the hoop. JMHO

Everyone, have a great day. I recently retired and hope to get my stash used up (so I can get more - ha ha).[/QUOTE
]
I bought these designs to work on my own quilts. I could not get it to load on my babylock ellisimo II. I tried it very which way and just didn't get it.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:56 AM

I have the same software and it makes quilting a lot easier. My machine only handles a 5x7 hoop and I did like
Crqltr and resized the designs to 5x7. I really couldn't tell much difference in the quilting. I used My Editor to resize them and kept the proportions the same as the original.
Old 11-09-2016, 10:43 AM

Crqltr, I use it with my Babylock Esante. Could you just have gotten a bad disk?
Old 11-09-2016, 02:46 PM

I would defenetlly consider buying it if someone will tell me it will go with my Janome350e....and same about the magnetic hoop..... As for now....... I have the Brother Pq1500 and it does make the free motion but it doesn,t have the stitch regulator and the stitch is not so perfect..... It has 9" in the throat....
Wings my Editor is fantastic for changing formats resizing and much more...Mermaid had introduce me to it....
...Happy embroidery and happy quilting to all.....
Old 11-09-2016, 02:51 PM
Banned

I've been looking at Wings My Editor and think I'll give it a go. My BFF uses Buzz Tools software and she likes it.

Cari
Old 11-14-2016, 06:36 AM

Cari, don,t even think twice....Wings is wonderful....and for being free, it does so many things...its amazing....
Don,t get intimidated first time you open it.....everything has a learning curve.....when I open it first time, the screen was completelly black...... Its normal.....the jumping rulers in there are also normal, actually they are helping you....
Mermaid here is my Wizard of OZ...she recomended it to me and is still helping me to move around.....but its really user friendly .....Nice people in here posted plenty of links to free designs which were in different formats...thanks to Wings I was able actually to see the designs and to change the format.....Some of the designs are very nice and they have plenty of fonts and number as well.....but you really need time for all of it....I am doing it little by little, few each day..... Happy embroidery and happy quilting to all....