Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Black Friday Sales Anticipation >

Black Friday Sales Anticipation

Black Friday Sales Anticipation

Old 11-18-2016, 12:59 PM

Accuquit just had the studio dies at 50% off which is the best I have seen in awhile- so I picked out two more strip dies and acrylic covers. I purchased a studio cutter last Christmas at the discount price but the dies were only 40% off so I only got one. In the middle of Feb. 2016, they put the studio dies on for 50% off so I picked up what I wanted. Not sure what they will do this year.
Old 11-18-2016, 02:55 PM
Power Poster

When my girls were home we did Black Friday shopping. It was a lot of fun then, no Amazon or Cyber Monday or Pre Black Friday deals or stores opening on Thanksgiving evening. Now I don't go unless one of my DDs want me to go with her for a special buy. We rarely encounter a mob in my town but do have crowds gathered at the top stores. I like to shop online and do all my Christmas shopping at Amazon. This year I cannot think of one thing I want. I have found so many flash sales this last year I bought everything I had on my wish list at super low prices. I doubt Black Friday can beat Flash deals.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:44 PM

When my kids were younger and they had grandkids,they made a plan and they had as much fun shopping for them as the kids did getting the stuff.It's fun if you think fun If you are old and have had many Christmas's stay home.
Old 11-19-2016, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
When my girls were home we did Black Friday shopping. It was a lot of fun then, no Amazon or Cyber Monday or Pre Black Friday deals or stores opening on Thanksgiving evening. Now I don't go unless one of my DDs want me to go with her for a special buy. We rarely encounter a mob in my town but do have crowds gathered at the top stores. I like to shop online and do all my Christmas shopping at Amazon. This year I cannot think of one thing I want. I have found so many flash sales this last year I bought everything I had on my wish list at super low prices. I doubt Black Friday can beat Flash deals.
I used to love Black Friday before all the internet sales and the stores opening on Thanksgiving etc. Now I prefer to shop online. I do love the day after Christmas shopping. That is where I buy all Christmas items at 60-75% off and clothes. I need a dressier winter coat but will hold off until then
Old 11-19-2016, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bree123 View Post
What frustrates me is that now many places open on Thanksgiving Day & offer their best sales on Thursday. I refuse to encourage that nonsense no matter how incredible the deals.
I'm with you. Thanksgiving needs to stay as a time for families to spend together. Not to stand in line for a "bargain" and for store personnel to have to work. I did go to JoAnn for their Black Friday sale but it's about 1/4 mile from my house and wasn't crowded. I don't go anywhere else. Usually I just shop Cyber Monday. I got some good deals from JoAnn at their online sale.
Old 11-22-2016, 05:46 PM

Accuquilt is advertising 20% off on their die cutters except the Qube collections. Not as steep a price cut as I was hoping for. No Accuquilt for me this time around. I'll keep my eyes open. Haven't seen anything on the electric quilter software either. I will just have to go to one of the international shows and get one of each there :-).

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! I am thankful for this quilt board and all you wonderful folks contributing ideas and inspiration and sharing news. You enrich my life! Thank you!
Old 11-23-2016, 06:31 AM

I thought I saw an add that they were going to be on sale. I don't buy dies anymore since I have the scan and cut but if I did this would be the time to stock up.

My wish list has nothing about sewing/quilting/emb etc on it. I want one thing, well many things but all involve trying to get my house fixed. On black Friday I plan on spending the whole day at home making Christmas gifts for the little ones.
Old 11-23-2016, 06:59 AM
Power Poster

I've only seen Accuquilt offering 20% off at most places. That's still too high.

I agree that Thanksgiving isn't supposed to be a shopping day. It's really the antithesis of "being thankful" for what you have to go out and pursue MORE MORE MORE on the very same day. But it will continue as long as the shoppers show up, unfortunately.
Old 11-23-2016, 06:24 PM

my local QS has 25% off on Black Friday, definitely going.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:08 PM

I have not seen or heard of sale on accuquilt or dies. If I do I will post it.