Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 11-23-2016, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Ibex great finish on your blocks. Love my churndash, and that butterfly fabric for MoonW, is AMAZING do you have any info on designer or fabric line?
I sure had fun trying to make something fun for everyone, and thank you. Good thing Terriamn mentioned the churndash.... With regards to the fabric, I think I got it at JoAnn's. I don't have the part of the selvage with the identifiers. It has a great weight to it.... Some of JoAnns stuff is so flimsy and thin that you can't do much with it. Some stuff just shreds. JoAnns has to do if my local quilt shop doesn't have the exact color that I need.

Your La Pass is brilliant! When I grow up I want to piece like you do!
Old 11-23-2016, 05:51 PM

Kass, that is wonderful. No words measure up. You are so talented
Old 11-23-2016, 05:53 PM

Terri, that is great news about your BIL!

Joan -- I'm sorry for your multiple losses. I suspect you are a joy for those folks as they ponder the meaning of life one last time. I hope they were ready and willing to cross to the other side of the curtain. Death is always so sad for those of us left on this side. Hugs to you.
Old 11-23-2016, 06:07 PM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I am so thankful to have found you all. Flimsies are on their way to Janice's house... over the river and through the woods.... Thank you all for the upbeat and supportive environment that you create in here. I'm going to miss checking up on the progress. Where do you all go when the BOOM is over? Right now, I'm going to get some shut eye. Tomorrow is going to be here too fast!
Old 11-23-2016, 08:16 PM
Power Poster

Great news, Terri! Hope those numbers keep on dropping.
Old 11-23-2016, 08:25 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Took a group shot of my growing La Pass thought you ladies would like to see it too.
That is so beautiful, Kass. I can't even imagine how something like that goes together.
Old 11-24-2016, 04:09 AM

Kass I am mesmorized by you La Pass, it is incredible.

Thanks everyone for all the support on Vincent. Praying his numbers continue to drop.

JoanLiz my second dd use to work in a nursing home as an aid, she was a natural at it and loved her people. Like you she heavily mourned the loss of their passing. I am sorry for your loss.
Old 11-24-2016, 05:03 AM

My question on the Passa is how do you pick your fabric? Do you have a color base? I see the black diamonds seem to be in every connection. I'm hoping to get the book soon so I can delve into the construction details.
Yours is beautiful and coming together quickly, I'd say.

❤️May you all have a blessed, peaceful Thanksgiving. We are blessed, one son & DDIL are winging their way to Hawaii to celebrate 25 yrs of wedded bliss, one son & family are in NJ at Cape May celebrating my grandson'S graduation from Coast Guard Seaman Recruit to Coast Guard Seaman. My eldest grandson's wife has never seen the ocean so she is overwhelmed at its majesty, viewing it from the Jersey shore. My youngest is celebrating by cooking for his family & his neighbors and DH & I are headed to DD's in Lafayette (In) with pumpkin & chocolate pie in hand with a grandson who chose to join us. A blessed day for sure for us.

I'm grateful for stumbling onto a webpage earlier this year, Feb I believe, while looking for something else and finding the most gracious group of friends one could ever ask for. You have all challenged me and changed me, enormously, for the good. As my sister said, this place sounds too good to be true & they don't even charge you to join! I believe the Lord led me here at a time when I was in need of a new friend, or 2 or maybe 20 or 30. Thank you all for being who you are. Best group of ladies ever! Your kindnesses have enriched me beyond measure. May God return that blessing to you seven fold! I pray that those in need will look to God Almighty who comforts & cares when we are hurting. I remember getting a note from an unknown (to me) QUILTINGBOARD member who responded to a post I had made on here and she was praying for me. This week I got a PM from someone with kind words (a lurker on this thread) on a day I really needed them. This place is the whole package, you ogle, ooo & aawww over completed blocks or quilt tops or UFO's or table runners or doll quilts or new found sewing machines and fabric at the same time you encourage, redirect, overlook, and truly show compassion & empathy to those with heavy hearts. YOU ALL ARE THE BEST! ❤️
Old 11-24-2016, 06:02 AM

woo hoo!

Bibliostone
Billi - confirmed in transit
Francie Yuhas
GramE

Ibex94 - confirmed in transit
Jaba
Janice McC
Joanelizbay
Kassaundra - confirmed in transi
t
Libster
Ljdugas
Mollymunchkin
Moonrise

Moonwork42029
Muse&Sew
NanaKathy55
Quiltermomma

Seasaw2mch
Terriamn
TravelingGramma
Old 11-24-2016, 08:23 AM

I hope everyone has a lovely Thanksgiving Day. Enjoy!