stand mixer

Old 11-29-2016, 02:45 PM

Kitchenaid at Costco $199.00 Sale starts Dec 5, also available online. (Just looked at flyer they sent)
Old 11-29-2016, 04:16 PM

I have a Kitchenaid that I found on sale at Williams Sonoma about 16 years ago. It is Harvest Gold color, no choice on the color since it had been returned to the store by someone who thought it was too loud. And it is loud and I love it! I didn't think I could ever afford one and so happy I found it. My advice- just keep saving your money and watch for sales. It is an investment and it will last one a lifetime. One example, Kohls sells them and you can use coupons. Ask for it as a present or money toward one. I've told my DDs the same thing and they both have one. If you like to cook/bake it is worth it.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:35 PM

I got my kitchenaid 29 years ago when we were making and selling cakes. The frosting had to be beaten for 8 min., special recipe so husband could air brush pictures. We got so busy it wasn't fun anymore.We made more tractors and Ninja Turtles. Now the Turtles are back.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:41 PM
yel

check see if you have a'' BARGIN HUNT ''place close
Old 11-29-2016, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
I have a kitchen aid that I have had for many years. It is the mixer, blender, shredder, slicer, grinder, pasta maker....all various attachments....I have done so much with it over the years ...... Ground and stuffed sausage...made spaghetti, still make my own breadcrumbs as needed, of course mixer for baking, blender for smoothies...on and on. It was one of the best investments we made...mine is now over 20 yrs old...so it does have a long life...so pays for itself...may not use all the attachment often, but when I need them, they are there! I think cuisinart has something similar.
I, too, have the counter KitchenAid mixer & some attachments. Two that you didn't mention are the food grinder used with the juicer...I absolutely love it for apple sauce, tomato juice and other fruit juices. I had NO seeds in my Mulberry juice for jelly and what a great outcome for those who can't have or want seeds in their jelly!!! All my juice was thicker using these attachments in lieu of using the cone shaped juicer with the wooden 'squisher' (for lack of its correct name) on the tripod. The KA and its attachments are well worth the money in the long run.
Old 11-30-2016, 04:48 AM

I understand the cost part. Even though its one of those things that really do stand the test of time, when you need a stand mixer but can't do the cost, its time to look at something else. My first mixer was a Hamilton Beach and I had great luck with it. It was very easy to use. Just google different ones and get the reviews. Look at the different kitchen stores on line. Bed Bath and Beyond is always having specials and coupons, William and Sonoma has lots too. They may be higher but you can still check the reviews
Old 11-30-2016, 05:06 AM

i have had my KitchenAid since 1978. We used our tax refund to buy it. No problems ever. Just sayin'.
Old 11-30-2016, 05:54 PM

I think I read someplace that Kitchen Aid is made in the USA.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:10 PM

I have had my Kitchen Aid for 45 years. It was a struggle at the time to buy it, but was worth the mo years. It runs just as well as when I bought it. With all of the sales now, you should be able to get a good price.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:26 PM
Banned

My hubs bought me a Professional KitchenAid 6qt stand mixer at
Costco several years ago. I LOVE it!

Member price is:$329.99 but worth every dollar in my opinion.

• The 6-Quart Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer is perfect for heavy, dense mixtures.
    Burnished metal flat beater, PowerKnead™ spiral dough hook and
    professional-style wire whip will help you mix, knead and whip ingredients
    into culinary masterpieces quickly and easily. And for even more versatility,
    the power hub fits optional attachments from food grinders to pasta makers
    and more.