Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
UFO Challenge of the Month 2010 >

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

Old 02-01-2010, 12:52 PM

It's called a thistle block, big waste of cloth. Now I'm going to have to do some crazy quilting to get rid of all the leftovers from the blocks.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:53 PM

Thank you!
Old 02-01-2010, 09:27 PM

I have a quilt that I started in 08.....still hanging out in a box on a shelf. I'll join and try to get it finished by March! I hand pieced and appliqued the blocks.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:45 PM

Took some pictures today but I'm not a good photographer. Here is my Christmas tote, the mattress for the doll bed and 2 of the sewers bags. The sewers bags have a 30 inch strap to wear around your neck. You can put your little rulers, thread, pens, seam ripper, thread, stuff you would want to have handy if you're sewing outside of your sewing area. Sorry, my lighting isn't the best.

Now I've got to make the quilt for the doll bed.

My Christmas tote
[ATTACH=CONFIG]41642[/ATTACH]

Doll bed mattress
[ATTACH=CONFIG]41643[/ATTACH]

Sewers bags
[ATTACH=CONFIG]41644[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-40856.jpe
Views:	75
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	40856   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-41642.jpe
Views:	13
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	41642   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-41643.jpe
Views:	13
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	41643   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-41644.jpe
Views:	15
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	41644  
Old 02-02-2010, 06:52 AM

The sewer's bags are SEW cute!!! What a wonderful idea! :D
Old 02-02-2010, 07:20 AM

Good idea, they look great. I think I would probably make the pockets a little deeper, it looks like the scissors my fall out. Or put in smaller ones. These would also make great pouches for the elderly that use walkers. To stick glasses, paper pad and pencil.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by POosterman
Good idea, they look great. I think I would probably make the pockets a little deeper, it looks like the scissors my fall out. Or put in smaller ones. These would also make great pouches for the elderly that use walkers. To stick glasses, paper pad and pencil.
Thanks. I just put those scissors in to show the middle pouch. I would definitely recommend smaller scissors. Thanks for the suggestions for elderly pouches. Will definitely look at redesigning for that. Maybe making it to accommodate a cell phone, or they could put their money in the center with a little velcro circle to close. Hmmm, lots of possibilities.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:07 AM

I'm in with all my UFO'S
Old 02-02-2010, 11:38 AM

I have a UFO sandwiched waiting to be quilted but I like the top so I am afraid too & am uncertain how it ought to be quilted. It's the New Years Mystery "Snow Business" from 07. Scared I'll ruin it.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:10 PM

Pineyriver: I just love snowmen and that is too cute! If it needs a home, I've got the perfect spot for it. ;)

Beachbound: Well, I'm a bit envious of how few UFOs you have to finish. Every time I straighten up more of my quilt room I find another one. :evil: I swear they're in those boxes breeding with each other!!

burnsk: Wow, you've been busy! And what a great friend to make her some sexy shirts. Kudos to you!! I love the bag and your sewer's kits are adorable. They'd make great gifts!

monkeygirl: Congrats on finishing your UFO! And you finished it in time for the Superbowl. :thumbup:

skpk: OH! Where did you get the pattern for that? All my friends have one but they are clever enough not to need a pattern. I need a pattern! I keep hinting around that maybe my Secret Sister from the guild will make me one but after 3 years, no luck. I guess I'm going to have to break down and make my own. I just need a pattern. :D

Barb: I can't wait to see them!

Welcome to the fun Karen and Clorice!

Debj: Can you post a picture? I bet someone will be able to give you a suggestion you will like. Is it something that can be stitched in the ditch, so the quilting doesn't show?

I've finished my UFO for February. Now I just need to take a picture and post it. My goal for this month is to finish my sister's wedding quilt, or at least the top. Then once I get the batting and backing I can sandwich it and get it quilted. It has to be finished the first week of March because the wedding is the 2nd week. ARGH! And I'm procrastinating by playing in here. :lol: