Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
nearing the end of Christmas prep--well, not really! >

nearing the end of Christmas prep--well, not really!

nearing the end of Christmas prep--well, not really!

Old 12-06-2016, 06:30 PM

Default nearing the end of Christmas prep--well, not really!

But seriously--by Friday I should have all my shopping done, only have a little bit of sewing still to do, which will leave me with only decorating house (DH will help with that and I'm waiting on him to finish his annual Christmas story and then blend his Christmas coffee--which he presents to everyone)and some baking. We don't do any entertaining until kids and g-boys get here on 23rd. So all the food stuff I have to deal with is to take to other stuff--so I could even buy stuff to take if I get lazy. So feeling like I'm going to make it!

How's everyone else doing with Christmas prep?
Old 12-06-2016, 06:57 PM

I have about 5 gifts bought, nothing wrapped. The tree went up Sunday, the lights are on, but no ornaments. Baking is a distant thought, the quilt for my mom still needs machine quilted and binding. My DH has the outside lights up, he's way ahead of me! The factory where I work has mandated overtime since last Thursday, 9-10 hour days plus all weekend, with no end in sight. Might have to show people pictures of what we wanted to get them, but had no time to get....
Old 12-06-2016, 07:29 PM

I didn't think we were doing much this year. Now I found out my daughter and SIL are coming. So I'll be baking and making some of our traditional Christmas dinner items when they're here. Hopefully this weekend we'll get the inside decorations up. And of course I'm finishing up some quilting and sewing gifts.
Old 12-07-2016, 06:38 AM

Julie...glad to hear your employer is busy enough to require overtime.....so many are squeaking by.....the extra $$$ will be a good thing.......
Old 12-07-2016, 07:10 AM

Four gifts to wrap, two gift certificates to purchase, suitcases to pack, and wait until the 21st, then head to Texas for a wonderful week. We have our Christmas on Thanksgiving with most of our family, but our baby (43) moved to Texas in August, so we are headed for San Antonio this year. Pick up granddaughter from college on the 22nd, and then off to see the rest of our family. Can hardly wait, it is snowing here in Kansas today. Ready for some warmer weather, and of course, to see our daughter.
Old 12-07-2016, 07:28 AM

I'm so far behind I think I'm ahead. Never enough time to do the things I need to do.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:37 AM

I am so far behind I can't see myself! The tree went up a week and a half ago but not a present under it. I can't find the "fake" presents (empty box I wrapped years ago) that I usually put under the tree until the real presents are wrapped. Inside and outside decorations are up due to some miracle. Have to get labels on the grands quilts so I can mail them, hopefully by next Friday. Have to finish a memory quilt that has been the most frustrating and emotional thing I've done this year. Hoping to do cookies and fudge the beginning of Christmas week. And somewhere in all of this I hope to make DH an oversized football rug.m Luckily we are going somewhere Christmas Eve and Christmas day so I don't have to cook the huge dinner!
Old 12-07-2016, 11:34 AM

I better have my act together, we gather here Sat! All money cards and wrapping done, 2 types of cookies to finish, meat is thawing. More lights and decorations outside than in - house is small and I like it that way because I'm the one who has to maintain it the other 364 days of the yr. Little tree too, don't miss lugging the big one up from downstairs one bit! Will clean bathrooms and light clean of house, I learned yrs ago from Mom to clean AFTER they go home! Haha No overnighters, so no beds to ready. Friday will be busy I expect. Oh yes, the dang Christmas cards are yet to be done. i sent many last yr and usually only do a big mailing every other year, so not many to do this year.
Old 12-07-2016, 01:07 PM

Tranum...thanks for the Christmas card reminder! I totally forgot about those. And I don't have any yet.
Old 12-07-2016, 02:14 PM

Over achiever!!