Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence >

Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence

Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence

Old 12-16-2016, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
All the units need to be made, it makes no difference to me either way what order. This way is actually a bigger mystery since whole colors are still a mystery.
I agree. And according to her post today we won't be skipping a week and to wait for the rulers. From the beginning she said we could use any method that worked. As for making money. She's no different than any other quilter who sells their products. Fons & Porter, Deb Tucker, or any of the others who have specialty rulers. They do it as a business to make a living. Why shouldn't they make money for what they do. It's our choice whether or not we buy the product they're selling. And this mystery is free so why complain about how it's done?
Old 12-16-2016, 01:17 PM

quiltsRfun, totally agree w/ you.

She has never said the rulers were mandatory, she even includes instructions on how to do the units w/o "her" rulers. She doesn't even charge for the mystery (quite a few out there do). Sit back enjoy the scenic route this year. No matter what order we do the units we were always going to have to make more triangle in square blocks, at least this way the technique you perfected the first time is still fresh in your mind.
Old 12-16-2016, 02:39 PM

[QUOTE=quiltsRfun;7720230]I agree. And according to her post today we won't be skipping a week and to wait for the rulers. From the beginning she said we could use any method that worked. As for making money. She's no different than any other quilter who sells their products. Fons & Porter, Deb Tucker, or any of the others who have specialty rulers. They do it as a business to make a living. Why shouldn't they make money for what they do. It's our choice whether or not we buy the product they're selling. And this mystery is free so why complain about how it's done?[/QUOTE

Well said quilrsRfun. Everyone should just chill and go at the pace Bonnie is setting this year. I'm sure most of us have a UFO or another project to work on while waiting for our clues. Love Bonnie's MQ's.
Old 12-16-2016, 02:44 PM

I have my purple triangle blocks done. Just 40 since I'm doing half size.

Side note: Does "purple triangle" have a special meaning to anyone here?
Old 12-16-2016, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
I have my purple triangle blocks done. Just 40 since I'm doing half size.

Side note: Does "purple triangle" have a special meaning to anyone here?
Absolutely.does.for.me
Old 12-16-2016, 02:48 PM

[QUOTE=Sophie2;7720287]
Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
I agree. And according to her post today we won't be skipping a week and to wait for the rulers. From the beginning she said we could use any method that worked. As for making money. She's no different than any other quilter who sells their products. Fons & Porter, Deb Tucker, or any of the others who have specialty rulers. They do it as a business to make a living. Why shouldn't they make money for what they do. It's our choice whether or not we buy the product they're selling. And this mystery is free so why complain about how it's done?[/QUOTE

Well said quilrsRfun. Everyone should just chill and go at the pace Bonnie is setting this year. I'm sure most of us have a UFO or another project to work on while waiting for our clues. Love Bonnie's MQ's.
Agreed--this is supposed to be fun--I'm having a great time! Got today's clue done--I'll try to get a picture tomorrow.
Old 12-16-2016, 02:56 PM

I think the introduction of the new ruler is part of a branding process with Bonnie's publisher and/or video production company. As was the switch to offering single patterns as well as her books.

All in all, some of the stress she is experiencing with shipping and having product in stock comes from being a huge success in the quilting world. Growing pains. She is almost at the point where she needs to hire someone to handle the orders but she has always been able to do it herself up to now.
Add to that the stress of potential failing eyesight and selling the cabin retreat she dearly loves - it would be enough to make the most optimistic of us a tad bit whiney

Let's enjoy the free mystery sew-along and cut her some slack.
Old 12-16-2016, 03:02 PM

Here are my finished "purple / neutral" units w/ a couple of layouts on my "green and yellow" fabrics. (my purple is teal, and neutral is black)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]563853[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161216_163336.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	563853  
Old 12-16-2016, 03:04 PM

Ooops forgot the other shot, these are blurry, my camera has an issue so taking them w/ a phone, I hate using the phone!!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]563854[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161216_163557.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	196.1 KB
ID:	563854  
Old 12-16-2016, 03:24 PM

I'm sorry if I came across as complaining -- didn't mean to! Now that I've made sense of the delayed clue thing, I can stop thinking about it.

I love seeing your layouts, Kassaundra!