Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016 >

Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016

Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016

Old 12-18-2016, 05:53 AM

I hesitate to post this because it sounds like I'm a brat, but I have no other place to take it. I sent a thank you to my SS for a beautiful, well thought out gift, and she replied sweetly. She said she was unable to open her package at that time because it had been hidden and needed to be retrieved by the hider when he came home from work. I've heard nothing since, even though I sent a PM asking if she was ok. Well, now I'm left in a state. Is she okay? Did she get the gift? Did she just not like the gift? Loose ends never feel good to me. Sorry for the rant....and hope it's okay to tell you all about my worry and frustration.
Old 12-18-2016, 11:34 AM

[QUOTE=b.zang;7720914]SulaBug,
You make the most amazing gifts, all are good ideas. Why don't you make tree ornaments - and then I want you to be my secret santa![/QUOTE

What a Great idea, I will definitely put tree ornaments on my list & if I should get to be your swap partner, I will know just what to make for you!! Thank You for the compliment. I don't think my gifts are amazing, but I sure have fun making them!!
Old 12-18-2016, 11:38 AM

Louise H.......I am so sorry knowing what you got in exchange from your S.S. this year. I wish that we could all send you a little something extra. Just know that we are thinking of you with Love & hoping that you will join in again next year. Never know what exciting things could come your way.
Old 12-18-2016, 12:39 PM

I'm back!!!
Looks like everyone had a great time opening....ok, there were a few that were disappointed, but I will try to get that sorted out. If you haven't thanked your person, please do so, especially in a PM.
Sulabug....you were supposed to send that package to me!! lol

I want to thank everyone for the little packages that filled my mailbox. I did take pics and will get them posted later. Thank you to all that sent. You didn't have to, but I appreciate it. I also appreciate Dreamer for being the naughty elf for putting it together.

I think everyone has figured it out that they sent to each other. You sent to whoever sent to you. Well, there was a couple exceptions with a little glitch that happened, but all was sorted out.

If you had a problem with your package, please let me know in a PM and I will try to get it sorted for you. If you did not receive a package, PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP!!
Old 12-18-2016, 07:58 PM

oh boy! So sorry for you!
Old 12-18-2016, 11:19 PM

I haven't heard from or seen a photo for the box I sent out either
Old 12-19-2016, 12:51 AM
Power Poster

Marcialee did you take some pics of what you sent out? If so, you can at least show everyone what you sent. I was not a part of this for this year, but was last year. I don't know what to say either.
Old 12-19-2016, 06:08 AM

Sula Bug I also like to make things i love gadget bags with all the little holders in them also pin cushions can we ever have enough? I like penny rugs or little appliqué holiday things just a few of some of the little gifts i made for this year not all for secret santa swap but for gifts
Old 12-19-2016, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by marcialee View Post
I am not sure how to express my feelings for the swap this year.
I can't tell what the book is, but is it for fabric painting? And maybe the fabric is for practice?

I am Very new this year, and could have done a better job after seeing everyone's gift (sorry to my SS....) but maybe your SS is very new this year, too, and that is the reason.

The thread you received looks nice, though.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:59 AM

Redstilettos, you are super sweet to try to find the positive in things. Which reminds me of a story. Once upon a time there were two twin brothers. One was an optimist and tbe other was a pessimist. While trying to decide what to give his sons for their birthdays, he decided that, for the sake of fairness, it was important to get them gifts that each would appreciate equally. So for the pessimist, he gave the finest toy that he could afford. When the child saw his present, he was unappreciative, noticing what he saw as flaws in the gift. When it was time to give the optimist his gift, the father led his son outside to a large pile of horse manure. The child's response flabbergasted his pessimist brother, because he was thrilled with his gift. The otber brother laughed sarcastically. "What are you so happy about" he asked? To which the optimist repied, "I just know that once I start digging I'm going to find a pony in there somewhere.

The thing under the paintbrushes is a religious planning calendar.