Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 12-29-2016, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Oh the creative process, Altairss....
A 3 for 1 deal in my opinion, quiltmouse...
QMomma, your tablecloth sounds lovely...please share...oh and MrOK changed channels when he saw how poorly his Vikings were playing last week...the Wisconsinites come tomorrow for Christmas...Will he hear the end of it?.....
While getting spare bedroom ready I started listing UFO smalls...up to ten...have not counted the biggies....I'm scared to....so I will need another UFO challenge for 2017....thanks Janice for keeping us on track and for guidance during the upcoming year.
I am sure he will have to listen to lots of grief on that game. Especially since it was a higher point margin.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:41 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
... I thought I'd do that late on the 31st or very early on the 1st. OK with you???

And I do hope that if you've got such a long list of UFOs, we'll be seeing some finishes from you, too.
post whenever you like.

i have 6 i need to photograph and post within the next two days so i can get "credit" for 2016 finishes. we will not talk about how long ago i made the tops.
ok. a hint ... they range between 2 and 9 years! lol

i am itchin' to start something new, so the rest will get done sometime next year.
Old 12-29-2016, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by silliness View Post
Fraew, love the tumbler quilt. Just beautiful!

I finished my last UFO for the year last night. I started it last December. It was planned for my stepmother's 50th birthday last January, but she will get it this year instead for her birthday. She is a mail carrier and a Denver Bronco's fan, so I tried to give a nod to each of those things in the quilt without it being so obvious.
That is a super idea and a very classy looking quilt. Certainly she will "get it". (referring to an orange and navy mail quilt pattern top)
Old 12-29-2016, 01:47 PM

The tumbler quilt is done. I started it last year for the Bonnie Hunter leader/ender challenge. Civil war reproduction prints (lots and lots of them), each one of them is such a treasure. Thank you for the compliments and the encouragement to get this done.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tumbler 12.28.16.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	564579  
Old 12-29-2016, 02:10 PM

QM, it may not be a quilt but it's definitely a UFO! Toot, Toot for a "20 year in the making" finish! Love it, btw. I'm very fond of crocheted pieces like this. Lovely My grandmother crocheted every day I knew her and was a master. She made pieces like this so yours brings back memories.
Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]564574[/ATTACH]
I washed it last night. It was so dirty, imagine that. It has only been in the process for what 20 years or so. I could not find my starch so will look for it. Still, looks lovely. I am excited to see it laying on the table. It was made for our old round table that got traded out for this table. No, I am not giving it away, it will find a place somewhere in my house. It is 50" across.
Old 12-29-2016, 02:20 PM

And a fine finish it is! How large is it? Thank you so much for sharing the pic. Congratulations and Toot, Toot for your latest finish.
Originally Posted by Fraew View Post
The tumbler quilt is done. I started it last year for the Bonnie Hunter leader/ender challenge. Civil war reproduction prints (lots and lots of them), each one of them is such a treasure. Thank you for the compliments and the encouragement to get this done.
Old 12-29-2016, 02:27 PM

The tumbler is king sized. I was drowning in tumblers.
Old 12-29-2016, 03:13 PM

QuilterMomma, that is beautiful. I do love crochet, and also know how to do it.
Old 12-29-2016, 03:20 PM
Power Poster

Fraew, how did you quilt the tumbler? I love it.
Old 12-29-2016, 03:30 PM

One more for the year!! I had made these alphabet blocks a couple of years ago. I actually made four different sets. Well this set is made from my motherInLaw's fabric. They were always intended for my sisterinlaw but I could not make myself finish them. Yesterday hubby came home and informed me we were meeting his brother and wife for dinner tonight. I thought if I make it fast and don't think to much it will be done and gifted and another little monkey off my back. (I've given way more info than you needed. LOL) Anyway, I quilted Baptist Fans on my domestic machine and actually bound it by hand! I usually machine bind.

So glad it's done! I'm very happy with how it turned out and really must give all design credit to fraew. ❤️️
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5739.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	564583