Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Great IKEA Storage! >

Great IKEA Storage!

Great IKEA Storage!

Old 01-03-2017, 05:47 AM

I have been to the IKEA in MN twice because I know everyone raves about the them. Both times my husband and I walked around the entire store but walked out with nothing. For me the quality does not match the prices but I know I am definitely in the minority! Glad you got a new fun store in your area sewbizgirl. Storage is always needed!
Old 01-03-2017, 08:57 AM
Power Poster

Really? I found the prices great. Things like the cardboard boxes aren't meant to last forever. Their stuff is so well designed and so useful!
Old 01-03-2017, 12:24 PM

I love Ikea, too. I bought several pieces in the past year, including my splurge at the end of year sale, where I bought 2 Alex cabinets on casters and two Kallax 2 x 2's. I already had 1 Alex and a 4 x 2 Kallax. I still need to put the second Alex together.

It turned out that the 2 room dividers I bought when I first moved into my house 6 years ago are the previous incarnation of the 4 x 4 Kallax units.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:40 PM
Power Poster

Your storage looks great. We now live close enough to the IKEA I used to visit when I came here to visit. I can get there in less than 30 minutes! Even if I don't buy anything it is just fun to look around and the store is so big I count it as exercise!!
Old 01-03-2017, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Really? I found the prices great. Things like the cardboard boxes aren't meant to last forever. Their stuff is so well designed and so useful!
As I said...I am in the minority lol. Different strokes for different folks.
Old 01-03-2017, 01:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
Your storage looks great. We now live close enough to the IKEA I used to visit when I came here to visit. I can get there in less than 30 minutes! Even if I don't buy anything it is just fun to look around and the store is so big I count it as exercise!!
Yeah, if it's not crowded, you could actually walk all along the path as a walking trail, then have a healthy lunch in the restaurant! LOL :O To me it was just fun to see all the staged rooms. So many great ideas.
Old 01-03-2017, 01:38 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by caspharm View Post
It turned out that the 2 room dividers I bought when I first moved into my house 6 years ago are the previous incarnation of the 4 x 4 Kallax units.
I just messaged my daughter this morning, to ask her if she could go pick me up another 4 2x2 Kallax units so I can do one more set up like I just made, plus use two side by side for a room divider. She is the one who lives in Memphis where the store is.
Old 01-03-2017, 01:44 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Yeah, if it's not crowded, you could actually walk all along the path as a walking trail, then have a healthy lunch in the restaurant! LOL :O To me it was just fun to see all the staged rooms. So many great ideas.
which I have done. All the years I visited never dreaming I would love close by I drooled over one of the "white kitchens". When we got this house son said "now you can have your IKEA dream kitchen" which I have and love. I know it's not for everyone but I am totally delighted with it.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:51 PM

Wish I lived close to an IKEA store -- my storage works ok but really would like to have better storage units. Now I have plastic drawer systems from Walmart. Whatever works in a pinch!
Old 01-04-2017, 04:31 PM

Nice set up there! I bought two Kallax foursy units (4 openings). We (DH and I) set them up side by side, he made a plywood topper that is approx. 32" X 49" large enough for cutting mat, canister of cutters and room for pattern, pencils and such. He then got 4"X4" posts cut them to the height that was right for me to cut and painted to match the large cutting topper. We also got a 16 opening unit which holds fabric, sewing boxes and I also got a hard plastic sliding basket to "hide" stuff. I also got two of the clip on lights that Bonnie Hunter featured on her blog. I like those boxes that had the divided sections- perfect for the small cuts.