"Weigh In"

Old 02-03-2010, 08:52 AM
Banned

Update on trip ---- it's been canceled (postponed)
Husband got a promotion at work instead!
Now I have the days off and he doesn't ---- quilting time!
Old 02-03-2010, 08:54 AM

woohoo!! Chocolate, anyone?
Old 02-03-2010, 09:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by yourstrulyquilts
woohoo!! Chocolate, anyone?
Dark chocolate, please.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:34 AM

I don't know why I'm not getting the posts on this thread anymore? I've been doing my little bit of exercise every other day and it's paying off. My blood sugar is a lot more stable now, this morning was 105...Woo!Hoo! Blood pressure is normal too. Weight? well, I lost 7 pounds of fluid but 2 came back. Net loss for January? 5 lbs. If I do this every month, in 2016 I'll only weigh 5 lbs! I'll be the incredible, shrinking, quilter! :lol: Maybe I'll slow down after 2013...

Keep going girls!
Old 02-03-2010, 10:21 AM

Okay--count me in too! I have about 20 pounds to lose for my first goal. At 5'2", I weigh 157 today. I have been working on getting back in shape after having a "big" foot/ankle surgery in October. I have been cutting down on the amount of food I eat, improving the type of foods I eat and adding exercise too. I have been going for walks with my husband when the weather allows, and getting on the exercise bike when it doesn't. I can do about 15 minutes on the exercise bike right now. The way I do that is: I pick a show I want to watch and record it on the DVR. I watch it while I bike away. Before I know it, my time is up on the bike! I have also added more fruit and veggies to my diet, and I eat those before I eat anything else. Drinking water is still a problem but I am working on that. I have entirely quit drinking pop, which puts weight on me instantly! I'm not counting calories--too constricting for me. I need to follow the example of my older sister. She did hypnosis and lost a bunch of weight and is actually very thin now. When she goes out to eat, she will ask the waiter to split her dinner or lunch in half, put one half in a to go box before she even sees it, and then she eats the other half. Or if it is fast food, she will cut it in half herself, and just eat that half and take the other half home for another meal.
I think another important thing for us to do is figure out what started us being overweight in the first place and try to work on that as we lose weight and get into shape. For me, it is being happy. Yup--I gain weight when I am happy. When I am too stressed out or unhappy in some way, I don't eat. I weighed about 130 when I got married 2 1/2 years ago. Another thing that puts weight on me is when I have to take steroids to get me back on track with my health. I have lupus and fibromyalgia and residual problems with injuries from a head on collision ten years ago. I just had a Kenalog shot about a month ago, and I put on three pounds with that. My biggest weight gain was shortly after I got married and I had to take prednisone for a few months. I gained 20 pounds then and haven't been able to get it off. I know only part of that was the steroids, the other part, just being happy.
The balance I need is to eat healthy no matter my state of mind/emotions. And to exercise as my body allows. I feel better when I am thinner, and I really would like to feel better!
I appreciate the input from everyone on here. I am impressed with the efforts of all of you! Keep going--I know together we can reach our goals and maintain them!
Old 02-03-2010, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by nellebelles
Okay--count me in too! I have about 20 pounds to lose for my first goal. At 5'2", I weigh 157 today. I have been working on getting back in shape after having a "big" foot/ankle surgery in October. I have been cutting down on the amount of food I eat, improving the type of foods I eat and adding exercise too. I have been going for walks with my husband when the weather allows, and getting on the exercise bike when it doesn't. I can do about 15 minutes on the exercise bike right now. The way I do that is: I pick a show I want to watch and record it on the DVR. I watch it while I bike away. Before I know it, my time is up on the bike! I have also added more fruit and veggies to my diet, and I eat those before I eat anything else. Drinking water is still a problem but I am working on that. I have entirely quit drinking pop, which puts weight on me instantly! I'm not counting calories--too constricting for me. I need to follow the example of my older sister. She did hypnosis and lost a bunch of weight and is actually very thin now. When she goes out to eat, she will ask the waiter to split her dinner or lunch in half, put one half in a to go box before she even sees it, and then she eats the other half. Or if it is fast food, she will cut it in half herself, and just eat that half and take the other half home for another meal.
I think another important thing for us to do is figure out what started us being overweight in the first place and try to work on that as we lose weight and get into shape. For me, it is being happy. Yup--I gain weight when I am happy. When I am too stressed out or unhappy in some way, I don't eat. I weighed about 130 when I got married 2 1/2 years ago. Another thing that puts weight on me is when I have to take steroids to get me back on track with my health. I have lupus and fibromyalgia and residual problems with injuries from a head on collision ten years ago. I just had a Kenalog shot about a month ago, and I put on three pounds with that. My biggest weight gain was shortly after I got married and I had to take prednisone for a few months. I gained 20 pounds then and haven't been able to get it off. I know only part of that was the steroids, the other part, just being happy.
The balance I need is to eat healthy no matter my state of mind/emotions. And to exercise as my body allows. I feel better when I am thinner, and I really would like to feel better!
I appreciate the input from everyone on here. I am impressed with the efforts of all of you! Keep going--I know together we can reach our goals and maintain them!
Oh why are all the drugs on must take put weight on!! Where is the one that will make you lose. I know that eating right and exercise is the way to go but why must our prescription drugs work against us.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:04 PM

I haven't read the thread yet - wow, 20 pages! But I did start my diet last night. After dinner, but starting then meant I didn't eat anything after that.

Had a small breakfast this morning because I was at the end of the corn flakes and there wasn't much, but I wasn't hungry yet, either.

Hungry now. Lunch was late due to errands, and by the time I got home, I was too hungry to make the stir-fry I'd planned, so I grabbed part of a baked chicken breast, some leftover spinach salad (I don't use dressing, so this is just veggies) and boiled a chopped carrot (and put some salt and thyme on it - I'm not a big salt user, so it was fine).

Did some minor stretches, push ups and situps last night, got a very small amount of walking in today, will do more later.

I am not going to weigh myself until I fit back into my other jeans without pain. The pounds count can begin at that point.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:39 PM

Just another thought--one thing that we can all wear, no matter what our size, is a smile! One size fits all, and a smile always looks good on us too. Another thing to remember, is that you are beautiful no matter what the scale says. Part of my sister's hypnosis for weight loss included positive affirmations. You make up your own. They should involve goals and also basics about how beautiful you are. Sometimes it is hard to think you are a beautiful person because society would have us believe that you only can be if you are tall and slim. I have seen such beauty in "big" people in my life--all you have to do is look into their eyes and see their smiles. Beauty comes from within--and when we find that, I believe that our outside beauty will show too. There is nothing more successful to do than to be positive about how we take care of ourselves, inside and outside, emotionally as well as physically. Something I have to do for myself is defeat the self-defeating statements I make.
So--all of us beautiful people--keep up the good work!
How about this--drink water...and smile!!! ;)
Old 02-03-2010, 01:17 PM

Must change my exercise plans for the week. I broke a toe this morning. Grrrrr. Toes and door jambs are not good friends. LOL. Anyway, it will sideline me from walking with Leslie Sansone for a while. I still used my Fluidity Bar this morning, but that would be hard to pull off several mornings in a row. It's tough! If the rain stops, I think I can bike ride okay. The real bummer is . . . it's my pedal foot! Sidelined from machine sewing too. :cry: Hopefully better within a few days/week? First broken bone for me. Exercise every day has been my biggest goal so I'll figure something out.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:39 PM

sew cornie: Ouch! That sounds painful. That is no fun. Take it easy and just concentrate on what you can do and not what you can't do. It sounds like you have a pretty good attitude about it. Give yourself permission to be sidelined for the time it takes to heal. This will be behind you quickly, and you will be back in the swing of things again.
Linda