Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 01-23-2017, 08:06 AM

I have just bought a Baby Lock Flourish machine. I am looking for a software program so I can be able to use my purchased designs and add lettering to it. Will also be using it to write out quilt labels si I need something that has a good font or lettering part. Thanks so much.
Old 01-23-2017, 08:40 AM
Banned

There are many embroidery machine softwares out there, ranging from free to several thousand dollars. if you have a Mac computer then Embrilliance is the only software that runs native on a Mac. Embird is another inexpensive one. Wings My Editor is a free one that seems to be getting more popular. Every major machine brand has their own software, though it's usually expensive. Wilcom Truesizer is free but has limited functions. Wilcom also has more expensive versions. John Deere's Hatch is very good but expensive. These are just the first ones that come to mind.

Cari
Old 01-23-2017, 01:11 PM

1. Ihave used Embird since it came out for my editing and lettering - and have upgraded it several times.

2. I love the magnetic hoop - I have used it with regular embroidery and the Edge to Edge Embroidery for Quilting. Much quicker than trying to use a regular hoop to do any quilting.

3. It seems like none of my Yahoo groups regarding embroidery are very active - does anyone participate - or even just read - an active yahoo group (or some other web group) that involves embroidery?
Old 01-23-2017, 02:56 PM

Just wanted to show you all my wall hanging I just finished. It is a Lunch Box Pattern called Sew Vintage by Angela Steveson She has a lot of great pattern. they are machine Applique.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20170123_111924.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	943.9 KB
ID:	566534  
Old 01-23-2017, 03:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rennie View Post
3. It seems like none of my Yahoo groups regarding embroidery are very active - does anyone participate - or even just read - an active yahoo group (or some other web group) that involves embroidery?
I belong to 2 Yahoo embroidery groups and neither one are very active. One seems to have lapsed into mostly ads and the other, MCEmbroidery, gets a few sporadic massages once in a while. I belong to one very active FB group, Machine Embroidery Help, sponsored by Allstitch.net, but I'm growing weary of it. It was very good in the beginning with a lot of experienced people helping others but lately it seem to be more and more inexperienced people giving bad advice to other inexperienced people. I've been doing this for 5 years and still consider myself a novice but experienced enough to have the basics down.

Cari

Last edited by Cari-in-Oly; 01-23-2017 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JuanitaBean View Post
Just wanted to show you all my wall hanging I just finished. It is a Lunch Box Pattern called Sew Vintage by Angela Steveson She has a lot of great pattern. they are machine Applique.
I really like this!

Cari
Old 01-23-2017, 04:30 PM

JuanitaBean, I love your wall hanging!
Old 01-23-2017, 06:56 PM

[QUOTE=Cari-in-Oly;7747907]I belong to 2 Yahoo embroidery groups and neither one are very active. One seems to have lapsed into mostly ads and the other, MCEmbroidery, gets a few sporadic massages once in a while. I belong to one very active FB group, Machine Embroidery Help, sponsored by Allstitch.net, but I'm growing weary of it. It was very good in the beginning with a lot of experienced people helping others but lately it seem to be more and more inexperienced people giving bad advice to other inexperienced people. I've been doing this for 5 years and still consider myself a novice but experienced enough to have the basics down.

I wish there was a good group too. I belong to two yahoo groups but I can never access pictures or reply to one person or ask a question and get an answer. Yahoo is always being hacked which scares me to even use it. This site is good but it is a jumbled mess. 350 pages, over 3000 messages/comments. How can you ever hope to find anything or get a question answered. It is worse than my pattern box! Have I complained enough? Sorry. I would start a new great one if I knew how! Let me know when you find a group of your dreams!!
Old 01-23-2017, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by sewred View Post
JuanitaBean, I love your wall hanging!
I do too! It is a beauty! Your studio looks quite nice also! I went to you profile page and you have many beautiful items. Now there is another great project to add to your collection. Good for you!
Old 01-23-2017, 08:26 PM

With so much participation lately, I'm liking this group on this thread on the QB. If we all keep chiming in with questions, answers, examples, and so forth, maybe it will take the place of the old Yahoo! groups.