Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Theatre Memory Quilt Project >

Theatre Memory Quilt Project

Theatre Memory Quilt Project

Old 02-07-2017, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer View Post
it will cost a little more, but Spoonflower will give you the best images. You don't say what the fabric is that you plan to use, but I get the impression it's not cotton? I'd use cotton just so you don't have to stablize it and also because I think you will get better (more lasting) printed images.
As far as washing--I would never dry clean a quilt(unless maybe it was wools and silks) but would inform your son that it would need to be hand washed--so he best not treat it roughly!
Thank you. I wasn't able to go that route this time but will def make note of it for next. I am using cotton. it is June Taylor Sew In Computer Fabric. I so agree on son taking care of it. He isn't really rough on things so hopefully that won't be a problem I can't say that about one of my others sons. Good thing his will be able to be washed for sure, lol.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:17 AM

a company called THREADS makes winderful printing sheets. no heat setting required, images are crisp ( use new color cartridges for best results), and are washable.

sandy
Old 02-07-2017, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
a company called THREADS makes winderful printing sheets. no heat setting required, images are crisp ( use new color cartridges for best results), and are washable.

sandy
Thank you so much! I have put it in my amazon wish list for next time. I wished I had researched better before hand... way to far in to turn back now. I was pressured to get started so I just picked up what I could find at Hobby Lobby. I have never heard of Poplin Cotton.. I have heard of Twill.. Not sure which one I should use in the future. (these are the two i found on Amazon)
Old 02-07-2017, 09:34 AM

Teresa, I have made a couple of T-shirt memory quilts, and have added pictures to them. I printed the pictures on to the printable fabric that you can purchase. They have held up wonderful. Just treat the printable fabric as listed on the package.
Old 02-07-2017, 12:57 PM

Ok, I just ordered the "velvet" in black for the 10" border all the way around. it will also be 10" around on the back to obtain size I need. I am QAYG. I have decided to change the corner stones to this too. So it should all balance out. Can't wait until I can get to a point to show some layout photos. A couple of the images are still up in the air. The binding will be the same green I used for the sashing.
(here is link for the velvet http://www.joann.com/lets-pretend-velvet/prd32173.html)

Every get to the "there is no return" point and start seriously doubting decisions you have made. Things such as layout, fabrics used, etc. Ugh.. Feeling overwhelmed. I guess I'm just not feeling this one being there are so many dark colors. That and I'm not liking the images he has chosen but it is his quilt.. I will make it the way he wants. I am also kicking myself for using that sheet for the backing and inner borders... Just trying to make due with what I had on hand. I'm sure we can all relate to money being tight at some point or another.

Last edited by TeresaPendino; 02-07-2017 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by TeresaPendino View Post
I'm sure we can all relate to money being tight at some point or another.
Everyone can relate to that. Good luck on the project. It will turn out fine.

bkay
Old 02-07-2017, 03:49 PM

The only person it needs to please is your son. And since you're doing everything the way he wants it, it'll be perfect.

You're a great mom to do this for him!