Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Machine Trolley - Questions for those who have a Tutto >

Machine Trolley - Questions for those who have a Tutto

Machine Trolley - Questions for those who have a Tutto

Old 02-07-2017, 06:11 AM

I found a carry on size suitcase that I travel with. Put my machine in it and lay it on its side. I got it at the Goodwill for $5. Cheaper than the Tutto and has pockets on the inside and out.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:06 AM

I put my Tutto on the back seat floor of my Jeep. It is fairly easy to lift using the top handle. My Husquevarna Sapphire fits well with room for a lot of goodies.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:11 AM

Thank you to everyone who has replied....lots of good info! I do have a Bernina case for my 7 Series, but it was 50% off when I purchased it. At the regular price, the smaller Bernina case is $350! I think I'll be going with the Tutto for my smaller machine.

Solomae
Old 02-07-2017, 07:45 AM

I can answer question #1. My husband rigged up a bungee cord to attach to the handles on the trolley and a hook in our trunk meant to hold a bag of groceries. Works great.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:20 PM

Word of caution. My friend has a rolling sewing machine bag and a hatchback SUV. We parked on a hill. She didn't secure her sewing machine in the back and before the lift gate closed the trolley rolled out and onto the ground. She has a lovely new machine now. Expensive accident!
Old 02-10-2017, 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by Cats8 View Post
I have a Tutto and I love it. I really like that it rolls from the short side so it is easier to fit in small places. It is also nice because it rolls on four wheels, not two. I have a van and it doesn't roll around in the back at all. I also like that if the wheels get damaged you can buy new ones and replace them. I like things that can be fixed! I tend to lift it by the metal frame on the short sides. I haven't had any problems yet. However I only use it for my 'travel' machine that is a Janome and weighs about 13 lbs.
My machine: Janome 3160 QCV ...travel size. .......what she said! I do lift mine by the frame on the ends to position it behind one of the front seats tho. I want the machine sitting low and secure. I would never set it on a seat with a seat belt. That thing could be a dangerous projectile if in an accident or a slam on the break situation. The handle is fine for the occassional lift but I would not rely on it for a lot of weight. I have my Tutto for my travel machine..I leave my large machines at home. Love my Tutto!

Sandy

Last edited by Sandygirl; 02-10-2017 at 03:28 AM.
Old 02-11-2017, 09:15 AM

Thanks to all who have chimed in on my Tutto question! I went ahead and ordered a purple one! I got the large one, even though the medium would fit my machine, it was a tight fit. I wanted some extra room to pack things! Will be able to use it the first time at the end of February for a class.

Solomae