Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Aunt Becky >

Aunt Becky

Aunt Becky

Old 03-02-2017, 04:24 PM
Power Poster

Default Aunt Becky

Does any of the hand quilters on the board use that little hand quilting tool the "Aunt Becky". Looks like a clicker but is suppose to protect your fingers under the quilt, for those who use a hoop. I ordered a couple a while back and still haven't gotten it. Can't complain too much since it never cleared my debit. Well I found an older tin measuring table spoon. Thought for the heck of it I'd bend it and it worked well. But now I can't find the darn thing and I can't find any in the stores. Any other time the cheap table serving spoons would bend but can't find those either, not even in the discount dollar stores. Ugh!!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-02-2017 at 05:01 PM. Reason: remove all CAPS/ shouting
Old 03-02-2017, 04:31 PM

I use the Aunt Becky, and I love it. There are several online stores that sell it, I know Connecting Threads does. If you buy some other supplies (thread, a little fabric), it helps make the shipping cost worth it. In another thread about it, someone said they knew a lady who used a quarter.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:22 PM
Power Poster

We have discussed this a couple times before I think. Try the search function too. I have one and watched the video a bunch of times but can't seem to get the hang of it
Old 03-02-2017, 09:21 PM
Power Poster

I learned to hand quilt with one. Well, maybe 'learned' is an exaggeration, since I never hand quilted anything after the class. JanniLou's quilt store in Philomath, Oregon bought the rights to sell it. Jan (half of the sister duo of JanniLou) died very recently, so there might be a delay if the item had to be ordered from them (even though sold by another store).
Old 03-02-2017, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
I learned to hand quilt with one. Well, maybe 'learned' is an exaggeration, since I never hand quilted anything after the class. JanniLou's quilt store in Philomath, Oregon bought the rights to sell it. Jan (half of the sister duo of JanniLou) died very recently, so there might be a delay if the item had to be ordered from them (even though sold by another store).
Oh, no! I hadn't heard that she died. I was planning to stop by the store on my way to the coast this summer. I only recently found out about the shop or I would have stopped when I went to the coast in November.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:01 PM

Yes, It's the ONLY one I use when hand quilting. Here's a good tutorial. There are a couple.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DHE...yLOubNAEJX8c54
Old 03-04-2017, 04:27 AM

I bought mine through Connecting Threads. It was hard to find and most quilt shops didn't know what I was talking about when I asked. I went in with some friends who were putting together an order for Connecting Threads so we had a large enough order to get free shipping. I bought two so when I misplaced one I could (hopefully) find the other. I know it was on sale when I got it but I can't remember how much I paid.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:18 AM

Jinny Beyer sells a T spoon quilter on her website. www.jinnybeyer.com
Old 03-04-2017, 07:31 AM
Banned

Can't feel the needle tip with those things. I just put a little super glue on my callouses and roll with it.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:35 AM

I have one that I don't use...came with items I bought at yard sale. pm me and I will send it to you.