"Weigh In"

Old 02-05-2010, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
Total pounds lost in Jan: 0
Frustration level: off the charts
Determination: waning, but I'll keep at it
Good for you!!

I feel your frustration, as I have lost a total of 0 pounds, also. However, we can keep at it, and eventually the weight will be gone, the frustration gone, and the determination rewarded!

In the meantime, keep a smile in place, and remember we are all cheering for you.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
Thanks everyone-great suggestions. I'll try any and all of them.
Total pounds lost in Jan: 0
Frustration level: off the charts
Determination: waning, but I'll keep at it

Have a great day and congrats to all who have lost and those that are hanging in there.
Don't give up!! Maybe if you had something low in calories to munch on when you come in the door, while you are making supper. Flavoured rice cakes (cheese are my favourite) or even celery that you've precut and throw a little spreadable cream cheese in. Low in calories and filling. We are all pulling for you!!!
Old 02-05-2010, 06:34 AM

Well ladies who say you've lost 0. What have you gained? 0? I always say that as long as you haven't gained, you should be patting yourself on the back. Think about all of those times when you would have gained 1 pound in a month, maybe 2 or 3? You are really doing ok, and please give yourself credit.
Topic at WW meeting last night: Positive Self Talk. Be good to yourself and try saying things that you would say to someone you are supporting.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:47 AM

I cut up lettuce and fill my salad spinner (got mine as a gift, but you can find them most anywhere) It really does keep the lettuce for quite a bit longer. We keep tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots on hand. We keep several other salad fixin's handy too. On the weekend I usually boil some eggs (protien). DH will also cook a big batch of chicken tenders (skinless breast). He usually has shrimp (about 12 med shrimp for 1 WW point). When I come in from work, and need something quick, I grab a handful of nuts (1/8 cup) and start pulling salad fixings out, shredded cheese, beets, sun flower seeds, or walnuts. Within 15 minutes I have a beautiful salad with chicken or shrimp, I keep sliced deli turkey in the fridge also. Since I am on Weight Watchers, I am counting the points as I go. The more points I have left for dinner, the more stuff I put on the salad.
I also use the frozen entrees. Those are ready in about 5 minutes, they taste great, and actually go very well with a salad if you are feeling like something hot.

I think the key is planning. Prepare stuff on your day off or the night before. At first, I felt sorry for myself, having to do all of this work to prepare for meals, but once I started seeing results for my extra effort, I just accepted that it was a healthy thing to do. Now I go to the produce store 2 times a week. I try to choose different items for salads. I also bring fruits and veggies and other healthy snacks to work with me and eat something every couple of hours. That way I am not famished when I walk in the door at the end of the day.

No more eating a 1/2 bag of chips while I am waiting for the pizza to be delivered. The guilt has been eliminated.
And boy I have so much more energy.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:24 AM

Well at my WW meeting yesterday I lost 2/10th of a lb, at least I did not gain. I was very bad food wise last week, but I did exercise everyday so that must have been the key. Now if I can just put them together I may win this battle. I am visiting my daughters in Minneapolis this weekend, we went to a Wild hockey game last night (they won and it was my first hockey game) and I did pretty well food wise. I split a foot long hot dog (which was much shorter then 12") and a small popcorn and had one malt beverage. I did exercise this morning so off to a good start.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:45 AM

Congrats on that 2/10. Great job!

I had a gain of .6 which I was disappointed about for a few minutes, but I have been working out a lot more lately. This morning when I measured my waist (I do that every Friday) I had lost 1". So I was encouraged again. Also my Wii Fit age was 34 this morning and I am turning 52 on Sat. So I'm still smiling, but I will watch my points a little closer this week, just in case.
Linda

PS. I am eating desert at my birthday dinner on Saturday regardless of the consequences on the scale.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:48 PM

Okay, it's Friday and I weighed in. Down 1 lb, but still not to that zero yet, will keep trying to reach it by next Friday.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:21 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Happy Birthday. Enjoy :-)
Old 02-05-2010, 11:26 PM

I lost 6 lbs in Jan on WW. Even with all the stress this week. I still have much to lose.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:26 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Great job! :-)