Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Baby Lock Jazz >

Baby Lock Jazz

Baby Lock Jazz

Old 03-23-2017, 05:24 AM

Default Baby Lock Jazz

Does anyone have a Baby Lock Jazz? There is a special on this machine at a shop close to me and I was wondering how you like it. The only stitches I use are the blanket stitch and zig-zag so the 28 stitches would be fine. I do free motion quilting and thought the harp size would be a great help.

Thanks for your input.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:04 AM
Power Poster

here's a previous thread on it http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...z-t280974.html
notice that someone said it does not have needle down!
also, the extension table is an add on

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-23-2017 at 08:10 AM.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:30 AM
Power Poster

I love my Brother 1500 PS. It has needle up/down, pressure adjustment, pin feed, auto thread cutter, large high harp, knee lift, comes with all the extra feet and extension table. All mechanical, easy to take the housing off to clean and oil. I saw a brand new one at the dealer under $600 The dealer said not one of this machine has ever came back to her with problems. Odd she only keeps one out for floor model. She will say I have to order it and in the meantime steer the customer to the more expensive machines that they can take one home that day. I don't like that but it's the customer that chooses.
Old 03-24-2017, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Busy Hands View Post
Does anyone have a Baby Lock Jazz? There is a special on this machine at a shop close to me and I was wondering how you like it. The only stitches I use are the blanket stitch and zig-zag so the 28 stitches would be fine. I do free motion quilting and thought the harp size would be a great help.

Thanks for your input.
I was ready to make the deal on the Babylock Jazz upgrading from a Babylock Quilters Choice Professional (a precursor to the Babylock Jane) to enjoy some straightline quilting from a few different stitches. I learned that the Jazz did not have a needle down feature....not a button....nor foot pedal feature. It was a deal breaker for me. I think someone looking for a mechanical machine with a large harp like the Jazz is getting a good machine. However, my dependency when quilting on the needle down feature just wasn't worth having the few additional stitches. I absolutely love my Babylock QCP but it only has a straight stitch.... You would need to make your own decision on that. Instead I just purchased a Babylock Imagine serger with the jet air threading...o my wonderful!