Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone shopped at Old Country Store Fabrics >

Anyone shopped at Old Country Store Fabrics

Anyone shopped at Old Country Store Fabrics

Old 04-04-2017, 11:55 AM

Default Anyone shopped at Old Country Store Fabrics

I was just looking at the website for Old Country Store Fabrics and I saw they offer a discount for new customers as well as one for the person referring the new customer. So I was wondering if anyone on here had shopped there and if so, if you would want to give me a referral?

Also, has anyone found a place to buy replacement rotary cutter blades at a good price?

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-07-2017 at 02:35 AM. Reason: remove moderation comments
Old 04-04-2017, 12:30 PM
Power Poster

I have not shopped there since they changed ownership. A few years back the original owners shut it down and I believe the employees bought them out and reopened.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:10 PM

If this is the Old Country Store in Bird-in-Hand, PA...yes, I have shopped there - person. Not sure that I've ever ordered from them online although I would not hesitate to do so. I don't know that they keep customer names for cash/in person customers.

I'm also not sure I've been there since the new management/owners have taken over. It's been a while since I've been out that way. Although I need to make a run out there sooner rather than later. I usually buy very locally for smaller projects but those queen/king quilts...it's worth my time and gas to make the trip to the Lancaster area.

I'd happily give you a referral but not sure with probable lack of specific customer info on their end I'm not sure how helpful it would be. PM if you'd like to discuss further.
Old 04-05-2017, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Wildernessties View Post
I was just looking at the website for Old Country Store Fabrics and I saw they offer a discount for new customers as well as one for the person referring the new customer. So I was wondering if anyone on here had shopped there and if so, if you would want to give me a referral?

Also, has anyone found a place to buy replacement rotary cutter blades at a good price?
I hope these questions fall within the parameters of the forum as I don't want to do something I shouldn't!

Yes, I have shopped there both online and in person I have the fortune to live a little over an hour away from that area and I love Old Country Store, especially since they have changed ownership. If anyone ever has a chance to go in person, I would highly recommend it. They have a nice gift shop attached with unique handmade items like wool pincushions and apparel, Scherenschnitte pictures, wood and ceramic dishes made by local artisans, quilts and a kitchen section. They have a good selection of batiks and Moda fabric as well as notions and patterns. Even my husband and daughter love to shop in there
Old 04-05-2017, 06:05 AM

yes and been very happy with my purchases
Old 04-05-2017, 08:29 AM

I also have lived within an hour and a half of The Old Country Store and visit them quite often. Their fabrics are good quality and customer service is terrific. I've only ever purchased in person from them; not online, but highly recommend!
Old 04-05-2017, 02:47 PM

The store is in Intercourse, not Bird-in-Hand. I have visited the old store many times, but have only bought on-line since it changed hands. The quality of the fabric is good, service is good, and no complaints.
Old 04-05-2017, 03:21 PM

I have shopped there in Intercourse PA and ordered on line only under the new management. All experiences are pleasant.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:52 PM

I have only purchased in person before it closed and reopened under new owners and after the reopening. The have the most wonderful excellent quality fabrics - I have to rein myself in when I go up to PA for a visit to my family across the river in York, PA (I was born in York a verrry long time ago&#128556. Besides fabrics that have quilts for sale and so many other goodies I can hardly stand it. I would not hesitate to purchase online.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC - just back from PA and for AQS Lancaster (which I go to every year)
Old 04-05-2017, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Emmy Sue View Post
The store is in Intercourse, not Bird-in-Hand. I have visited the old store many times, but have only bought on-line since it changed hands. The quality of the fabric is good, service is good, and no complaints.
Thanks for that correction - my mistake!