Copper ceramic pan reviews

Old 04-07-2017, 09:08 AM

I quit using aluminum cookware years ago because of the link to Alzheimers and have stainless steel cookware which I love. If anything sticks I just take a scrubbie to it and it comes right off. Copper cleaner takes care of the bottoms to keep them shiny. I also use a cast iron on my smooth top stove and never have had a problem. I can see the logic with not using aluminum cookware because of the heat issue but sure don't know why you couldn't use cast iron.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
I am looking to replace my worn out non stick fry pan. Personally I would love to use my old cast iron but they do not work well on the electric glass top stove my DH bought without asking me. I can't now re invest in a gas stove.

Has any one bought one of these "As seen on TV" pans and how do they like it?

Thanks for any information.

peace
My daughter has an electric smooth top and uses her cast iron all the time. Not a problem. She doesn't "drag" it across the burners though. She picks the pots/skillets up.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:45 PM

Absolutely love mine! No need to put it in the dishwasher as it just wipes clean. I have baked and fried with it and every time it cleans quickly with no scrubbing. Until the "powers that be" say it isn't healthy I will continue to use and love it.
Old 04-07-2017, 04:30 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for all the input. I am going to pull out mycast iron and give it a teat. I was really just afraid it was too heavy for the glass top and amount of heat. TFS.
peace
Old 04-08-2017, 03:55 AM

I have not bought one of the copper pans because I always thought that the copper would/could damage your health. Remember when houses had copper pipes for the plumbing and people ended up having to replace them because the copper did something to the water and was harmful to the residents?
Old 04-08-2017, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by Linda Renfro View Post
I have not bought one of the copper pans because I always thought that the copper would/could damage your health. Remember when houses had copper pipes for the plumbing and people ended up having to replace them because the copper did something to the water and was harmful to the residents?
The issue isn't the copper, but the lead in the solder used to join sections of copper tubing.
Old 04-08-2017, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Sandra in Minnesota View Post
I had an electric glass top stove and the directions said not to do canning on it. The reason - The canner gets too hot. What a bummer! I moved and now have a good old-fashioned electric stove.
I've had glass top ranges for years and always canned on them with no problems, also use my stove top pressure cooker.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:31 AM

I have used glass-topped stoves for 25 and cooked with cast-iron ware. Just pick the pan up; don't slide it or you might scratch the glass. I use my cast-iron ware every day. I even have my grandmother's Dutch oven from the last century and it is a wonderful oven pot to cook in.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:36 AM

Edited: I do not use soap in my iron ware. I make sure it is very very dry before it is stored. I also use spray in my pans when cookiung.. I remember as a child my mother would set an iron pan in the fire place and keep turning it around to burn off the charred grease. Then she would wash and season it and it would be good as new. When I have to season an iron pan, I wipe Crisco on the inside, set it in a moderately hot oven, let it bake awhile, and then turn the oven off and let the pan cool in the oven.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:37 AM

After all the hype, and trouble, about "Teflon" and aluminum, I am very nervous about "the latest and greatest" next new thing. I gave up on aluminum because of the Alzheimer's issue, so I went out and bought all stainless steel. Love them, but I will share a major time saving tip I recently found. I am currently teaching two young mothers how to cook without opening boxes or cans. Since they are learning, and occasionally will burn something, (sometimes the food is so charred, that I can't tell what it once was. lol) Needless to say, I either had to find a way to remove the charred food, or buy new pans constantly. I found a 'life hack' that suggested using coffee to remove the mess. I thought, "yeah right" but works! Pour brewed coffee into the burnt pan, let stand about 30-60 minutes. After soaking in the coffee, I was able to easily clean the pan with a light touch and a green scrubby. They also said this will clean grills! We are going to try that next to get ready for summer. Just be careful to dry the grate before storage to avoid rust.
Nice to hear that the newest pans are living up to the hype. Does anyone know if there has been any studies to be sure nothing leached into the food?