Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is >

What is

What is

Old 02-06-2010, 08:00 AM

Actually, my favorite is any block that contains 1/2 square triangles. I love those little buggers! And you can change a pattern so easily. Edie
Old 02-06-2010, 08:34 AM

The Quilt that has remained in my memory every since is the Phonix Mosaic Quilt that won an award many years ago. Don't ask me where I was when I saw it but it stuck in my mind. I remember the blocks were one ince blocks. And every since then I've wanted to learn to quilt. And now thanks to a local quilting club I finally am.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:51 AM

I love any kind of star pattern, but found one in the Quiltmaker's magazine that I just repeat over and over. It is a scrap quilt in which each square has one fabric which you place in a different location. Each block is the same pattern, but because you use different lights and darks in different locations, each block looks totally different. It just fascinates me to see how it's going to turn out each time. I don't remember what they named it.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:16 AM

log cabin and spider web
Old 02-06-2010, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by polly13
I love any kind of star pattern, but found one in the Quiltmaker's magazine that I just repeat over and over. It is a scrap quilt in which each square has one fabric which you place in a different location. Each block is the same pattern, but because you use different lights and darks in different locations, each block looks totally different. It just fascinates me to see how it's going to turn out each time. I don't remember what they named it.
I hope you post pictures of it after you make it, it sounds wonderful!
Old 02-06-2010, 09:47 AM

I enjoy doing mormor and the great number of ways of color.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:53 AM

Ive made several drunkards paths and remembering that the pieces go together as a pie alamode gets it done perfect everytime.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:56 AM

I love the simple 9-Patch. My Grandmother made hundreds of quilts using the 9-patch pattern. In the last 3 years of her life she made everyone in the family a 9-patch quilt. All of the quilts were made of recycled polyester fabrics. There are blocks made from her dresses and Grandpa's slacks. I grew up with going to quilting bees and helping Grandma cut out thousands of blocks for her 9-Patch quilts.

I hand sewed a 9-Patch quilt top a couple of years ago. It was so much fun. As I cut and stitched the blocks I remembered times that I spend with Grandma making quilts.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by scrappylouisa
I love the simple 9-Patch. My Grandmother made hundreds of quilts using the 9-patch pattern. In the last 3 years of her life she made everyone in the family a 9-patch quilt. All of the quilts were made of recycled polyester fabrics. There are blocks made from her dresses and Grandpa's slacks. I grew up with going to quilting bees and helping Grandma cut out thousands of blocks for her 9-Patch quilts.

I hand sewed a 9-Patch quilt top a couple of years ago. It was so much fun. As I cut and stitched the blocks I remembered times that I spend with Grandma making quilts.
What a wonderful memory. To me, that is what life is all about.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:06 AM

Lovely to look at, nice job.