Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • New Iron >
  • New Iron

• New Iron

Old 04-28-2017, 12:45 PM

I bought my Oslio from Joanns with a coupon. Was around $60. Not the most expensive, but have had it for about a year and no problems. Really like it.
    Old 04-28-2017, 12:56 PM

I love my yellow Oslo, the auto lift, and the extra long cord that comes with it. It uses tap water (it will leak if you use distilled water....yes, I e-mailed the company). I will replace it with another when it dies.
    Old 04-28-2017, 04:25 PM

Please try a non-fancy iron -- the Black and Decker you can get from WalMart for about $12. I've had mine for a long time and it works like a charm! Gets hot swiftly, makes steam, is solid and dependable.
    Old 04-28-2017, 04:34 PM

I have the yellow Oliso iron from Amazon (I had gift cards). It is a LOT heavier than my old workhorse iron from the 90s, and I had a heck of a time remembering NOT to set it on it's end. But once I got used to that, I love it. You can fill it with water right from the tap, it produces lots and lots of steam and I find it to be plenty hot enough for all my projects. I'm not sure the difference is between the other colors that are offered, like pink. I think you daughter would love it. ~smile~
    Roseanne
    Old 04-28-2017, 04:54 PM

I have one and absolutely love it. I purchased mine online from "Newegg". I got a good deal on it and I use it every day. Good luck finding one!!
    Old 04-28-2017, 07:00 PM

I had an Oliso 8-9 yrs ago and liked it. Just under 1 yr. the feet started popping in & out when ever. I could be ironing & there they were, then in & press a bit & out they came. Did it when I set it on end also. So I went back to my 30 yr old Gen. Elec. Last yr at the AQS show in Grand Rapids I purchased a Panasonic 360 & love it. Cordless is wonderful & the fact that both ends are pointed is also a plus. It cost just under $100 & am very glad I didn't talk myself out of buying.
    Old 04-30-2017, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Jane Quilter
    I love my yellow Oslo, the auto lift, and the extra long cord that comes with it. It uses tap water (it will leak if you use distilled water....yes, I e-mailed the company). I will replace it with another when it dies.
    I honestly think that a lot of times the reason these irons fail is because people use distilled water in them. The instructions very specifically say not to... that you must use tap water. We have one, which we have had for a couple years with no problems.