Bosch fans....

Old 05-04-2017, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by coopah View Post
No,but I hope someone tells the title...is it just Bosch? I have a list of books to read and am always on the lookout for more. :-)
Michael Connelly has written 22 books in the Harry Bosch series. The first book is "The Black Echo" and I've requested it though the Michigan MEL Library system.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by slicksister View Post
Here's the info on the Bosch series from Michael Connelly's website Harry Bosch Series:Harry Bosch Background: Born in 1950 in Los Angeles to Marjorie Phillips Lowe. He was named Hieronymus Bosch after the 15th century Dutch artist and nicknamed “Harry.” He became an orphan at 11 when his mother, a prostitute, was murdered. He grew up living in a youth hall and foster homes. He joined the army and did two tours in Vietnam. Harry returned to Los Angeles and joined the LAPD in 1972. He became a detective after five years in patrol.Books in published order:The Black Echo (1992)The Black Ice (1993)The Concrete Blonde (1994)The Last Coyote (1995)Trunk Music (1997)Angels Flight (1999)A Darkness More Than Night (2001)City Of Bones (2002)Lost Light (2003)The Narrows (2004) (sequel to The Poet)The Closers (2005)Echo Park (2006)The Overlook (2007)The Brass Verdict (2008) (mostly Mickey Haller)Nine Dragons (2009)The Reversal (2010) (mostly Mickey Haller)The Fifth Witness (2011) (one page brief appearance)The Drop (2011)The Black Box (2012)The Gods of Guilt (2013) (one page brief appearance)The Burning Room (2014)The Crossing (2015)The Wrong Side Of Goodbye (2016)Two Kinds Of Truth (coming out in October 2017)
Slicksister, thank you for posting all of the above information. Am looking forward to reading this series.
Old 05-05-2017, 12:29 AM

Wow! I love the Bosch series and have read every book in order too. I just recently got the Amazon fire and have just watched the 3 seasons of the series. Of course the books are much better (like most books made into movies or tv series). highly recommend the books.
Another good series of books is by Robert Crais. The main characters are Elvis Cole and Joe Pike, private detectives. The names tell you a lot!!! Do a google search for books by Robert Crais or look on Amazon. I buy the Kindle books and have read all of them too. But if you are a paperback reader, Amazon has some great deals on used books.
Old 05-05-2017, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by Murphy224 View Post
Wow! I love the Bosch series and have read every book in order too. I just recently got the Amazon fire and have just watched the 3 seasons of the series. Of course the books are much better (like most books made into movies or tv series). highly recommend the books.
Another good series of books is by Robert Crais. The main characters are Elvis Cole and Joe Pike, private detectives. The names tell you a lot!!! Do a google search for books by Robert Crais or look on Amazon. I buy the Kindle books and have read all of them too. But if you are a paperback reader, Amazon has some great deals on used books.
Love the Robert Crais books! I have only read Michael Connelly's "The Lincoln Lawyer" but will add the Bosch series books to my reading list
Old 05-05-2017, 07:26 AM

Default Bosch fans

Saw tour message about Bosch Fans, and your dislike of Bosch Dishwashers. We bought our B. Dishwasher almost a year ago, and loved it! I am interested in your dislikes so I can check if any of them are up coming for us.

I do admit;there are issues I found you have to be aware of but reading the manual helps you know what to do. I am thinking of the not running if the Rinse Aid is low. That was a show stopper for me!
Old 05-05-2017, 11:28 AM

Another Bosch dishwasher fan, though not particularly of the Bosch books (never watched the shows). My dishwasher gets everything so clean! I have never had a better one for washing. However the lack of a drying cycle makes plastics problematic. Since I wash more dirty glass, metal, and ceramic than plastic, I survive. I do always run on the "sanitize" setting since that is hotter water and drys better. I also live in a very dry climate so just leaving the door open a while helps too.
Old 05-05-2017, 11:55 AM

Have never heard of this series Need to check it out.