April - Boom 18

Old 05-14-2017, 05:00 AM

Hadn't been check in and I really missed you all!!! Have been working on making more blocks and I think that is done. I want to start sandwiching the blocks and matching colors for front and back so the back will have the rainbow look on it also. This thing is growing....and I am stressing.
So yesterday I noticed a tag sale. We usually don't do tag sales but there is one guy who takes the whole household and you can make good deals with him. This one had some quilt fabric - more F8 and 1/2 yards. This whole pile was only $20!! Got it all washed, ironed and folded. now to fit it all in my containers!

Janice I feel your pain. I look at a UFO, see my imperfections, and can't see past it. And then when I don't like the colors - UGH! Instead of sashing - can you add plain 12" blocks or 6"x12" blocks inbetween yours? Or even check into your other UFO blocks and maybe incorporate them? Pictures would help!!

Happy Day for you all.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mayfind.png
Views:	88
Size:	183.9 KB
ID:	573098  
Old 05-14-2017, 05:20 AM

Happy Mother's Day to all

Janice have had the same quandary as you multiple times and have finally decided just to go with my gut feelings. If I don't like it I never will. Good luck on deciding what to do

Joan ouch on your finger

I have 2 sets of fabric for next boom ready to go. 1 is assorted florals from my stash that need to be used and second is a super fun and bright fabric, black bo and bright colored flowers and peace designs. Kass your fabric sounds very fun

We went out on the pontoon for about 3 hours yesterday, absolutely beautiful here but. Talk about dumb. Had motion sickness the rest of the evening sure hope that was just a fluke
Old 05-14-2017, 05:35 AM

Got home from work this morning and had a conversation w/ my husband I thought I'd share.

Me - why are you wearing a slipper and a boot?
Gary - b/c I couldn't find my other slipper.
Me - in a confused tone oh?????
Gary - well boots would just look silly w/ shorts.

...........................................??????? ?????????????? I think one of us hasn't had enough coffee.
Old 05-14-2017, 09:58 AM

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms of the two and four legged varieties.

Kass, that conversation beats all. Roflol. Made me laugh out loud.

Joan, sorry to hear about your finger. Ouch!

Boom 19 is coming up. a little over a month or so. Get your fabrics ready. I'll bet there are even a couple of you ready to ship today. Am I right?

Here's a pic of some blocks with the fabric. [ATTACH=CONFIG]573112[/ATTACH] Only a few of the blocks here are quilted and nothing is fully trimmed. So today, I like the green much better. The idea is a three inch sashing between blocks and the same width border. While I don't LOVE it, I no longer hate it. It's growing on me. I think I was too critical yesterday. (It's been kind of a bad week all around other than DS graduating.) Anyway, it'll be 3x4 blocks. I'm now inclined to move forward with this green. If I start backtracking, it'll sit in the UFO pile for eons. what do you think? Btw, if I ask that, I'm asking for honest answers. If I didn't want the truth, I wouldn't ask. Keep in mind, my goal isn't to love this quilt. It's to like it and to learn from it.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6184.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	545.3 KB
ID:	573112  
Old 05-14-2017, 10:12 AM
Power Poster

Janice, I personally LIKE that green... a lot! It will look peaceful and show off your pretty blocks. It's not a 'scene stealer'... the blocks will have center stage. I hope it continues to grow on you. It will make a very pretty quilt.

Love the quilting you have already done.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:14 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kassaundra View Post
me - why are you wearing a slipper and a boot?
Gary - b/c i couldn't find my other slipper.
Me - in a confused tone oh?????
Gary - well boots would just look silly w/ shorts.
man logic! :d :d :d
Old 05-14-2017, 02:42 PM

TG, great buys at the tag sale

Kass love that conversation, you should have taken a picture and remind him of that conversation in the future

Janice I agree with Sewbiz think the green looks great with your fabrics.

Hope everyone had a nice Mothers's day. I was a little whiney because the girls only texted versus calling but then I received text from my oldest grandson saying Happy Mother's Day I love you. Darn near fell off my chair with excitement. So no more grumbling.

Last edited by terriamn; 05-14-2017 at 02:44 PM.
Old 05-14-2017, 04:34 PM

Just an fyi, I've published all Booms back to 14 in the Gallery. One last look before I delete the oldest ones.

Boomerangswaps.weebly.com
Old 05-15-2017, 03:37 PM

Has anyone used muslim on the backing of a quilt? I bought some backing 108" got home laid it out with the top and it was about 18" too narrow...Went to a meeting at the Lake of the ozarks today and our headquarters is rigt in front of a Joanns so went in to get another yard..NONE matching so I bought 3 yards of 120" muslim...Got home and put it on the top and you could see every single color and seam of the back of the top..hated it...so its back to Joanns in Columbia to hope they have some more of the lst one I bought...At least the 50-60% off coupons saved me from doing too much bad words...but now I have 120" of white muslim to store..ugh..I had NO idea muslim was that thin!
Old 05-15-2017, 04:48 PM

I am no help I have never backed w/ muslin, I don't remember ever using muslin at all. Hope you find something that will work though.