Goodville Fabric Outlet

Old 07-04-2017, 03:15 AM

Default Goodville Fabric Outlet

We are going to be in the area next week - wondering if anyone is familiar with this fabric store in East Earl, PA. Would love to go there if it is a good place for bargains and lots of fabric.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:56 AM

I have been there. Prices and quality are very reasonable for quilting fabrics. If I'm remembering correctly, their selection of garment fabrics is much more extensive. Lots of trims/notions.

Since you're going to be in the area, I would also check out Quilt & Fabric Shack in (I believe) Bird-in-Hand. Not far at all. They have the best selection of flannel fabrics of any place I've ever seen. Lots of other nice quilting cottons as well. Prices very good. Downstairs - a whole room on notions. Nice little shop.

I'm not at my home computer so don't have the link handy but do a quick google search on 'Lancaster, PA quilt shops'. There is a link that will pop up with lots of great shops listed. Check out as many as you can.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:17 AM

It is a huge warehouse filled with all kinds of fabrics and notions - worth a stop for sure. You should also stop in at Obie's (just across the street and down a block). It is literally chock full of fabric. There are also many other good shops in the area if you have time to check them out.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:34 PM

Great store lots of fabric and other notions. Prices are really reasonable. You have to also go to Obies accross the road from them. This store has so much fabric and their prices are Great, But!!! Lol it's very tight in there. If you know what your looking for or see something you want ask the girl in there and they will pull it out for you. Also there's a Great place to eat called Shady Maple down the road a Huge Buffett, there is also a grocery store and gift shop. And then you go past them back out on Rt#23 there is another quilt shop Called Family Farm right before the intersection of Rt #23 & Rt#322 on the right. Really nice shop too.
I don't know where all you're going to but on Rt#340 you have The Country Store, Zooks and others.
There is so many to mention. Have Fun enjoy my Home State and towns that I Miss.
Old 07-06-2017, 05:55 AM

I am lucky enough to live in Lancaster County, PA. I highly recommend a stop at Goodville. Huge warehouse and you never know what you will find. As Cheryl said, don't miss Family Farm Fabrics. My sewing club meets in the back room of FFF every month. Great prices. At the Shady Maple Smorgasbord Complex you will see a Good's Store. Great fabric department in there also. Flat folds for under $3 per hard...usually. It 's also a great place for sewing notions and household goods. By all means do a Google search for fabric stores in Lancaster County. You might want to plan more than one day in this area. Because so many of our Amish and Mennonite neighbors are quilters, we have a quilt shop on every corner.....well, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but there are a lot of them. Have fun.
Old 07-06-2017, 06:14 AM
Power Poster

Yikes, I'm reading this and wish I could get to Penn.!
Old 07-07-2017, 04:23 PM

Default Obies

Originally Posted by Freddie's girl View Post
It is a huge warehouse filled with all kinds of fabrics and notions - worth a stop for sure. You should also stop in at Obie's (just across the street and down a block). It is literally chock full of fabric. There are also many other good shops in the area if you have time to check them out.
You have to stop at Obie's, it unbelievable!!!!!!