Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fall Block Swap/So a new adventure begins. >

Fall Block Swap/So a new adventure begins.

Fall Block Swap/So a new adventure begins.

Old 07-15-2017, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Armylady2012 View Post
Ok ladies update on trying to get approved for a 12.5sq block swap with the theme of Santa Clause. I am sorry to say we will have to pick a different theme due to there only being allowed one Christmas-specific activity each year. I was informed that they have already confirmed that the annual secret Santa will be done again.

If anyone wants to make any suggestion then please post them here. I will be thinking to see what I can come up with myself also. Thank you all for being interested in joining a swap that I would host.
That's okay, Armylady. It was a great idea, but I know that whatever theme you decide on leading us with, it will be fun.

I'm guessing snowmen is also out of the question too then?

Last edited by NZquilter; 07-15-2017 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Added idea
Old 07-15-2017, 09:03 AM
Power Poster

Snowmen are a winter themed subject. I bet we could do a winter theme swap. ladies.

I had a really stressful day yesterday. A wildfire came very close to wiping out my community. Hubby and I spent half of the day out with hoses keeping everything wet. I felt like I was in a war zone with all of the fire equipment flying around. I got a link to the news clip of it. That gas station? It is a block and a half from my house.

http://www.ktvn.com/story/35889144/s...ld-springs2%22
Old 07-15-2017, 09:47 AM

Wow, Red! You have a lot of drama in your life! I hate fires and wildfires just give me the willies! Good for you and your DH for fighting it to protect your community. I so hope you are safe and out of the danger zone now. We had wildfires earlier this summer/ late spring and it was scary. We were evacuated one night but weren't told were to go. When I call 911 to ask, the city had turned the emergency number off! So we just jumped in the vehicles and drove! All was fine though, as the winds changed and moved the fires away from us within an hour of evacuation.

I was was just on Pinterest and there are so many ideas of snowmen quilts! It could be a fun theme for sure. Might be a bit of a challenge in Austrailia though, where it would be summer time, lol! Sorry Deecee! I remember when I lived in New Zealand snow and Christmas did not go hand-in-hand and the idea was crazy!
Old 07-15-2017, 09:56 AM

Ladies I PMed Patrice to ask about a winter theme (Ice skating, skiing, mittens, sledging etc) once she has gotten back to me I will update all of you.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
Snowmen are a winter themed subject. I bet we could do a winter theme swap. ladies.

I had a really stressful day yesterday. A wildfire came very close to wiping out my community. Hubby and I spent half of the day out with hoses keeping everything wet. I felt like I was in a war zone with all of the fire equipment flying around. I got a link to the news clip of it. That gas station? It is a block and a half from my house.

http://www.ktvn.com/story/35889144/s...ld-springs2%22

Oh my goodness Red, I will be praying for you and your community. It sounds like there will be a lot of damage done. And, it sounded very scary to live through!!
Old 07-15-2017, 01:23 PM

Red How frightening! My biggest fear as a child was fire. My family escaped from two house fires when I was young. One fire was started by a spark that landed on a sofa and the 2nd one was when I was 5 and our Christmas tree caught fire. We lost our home but not what mattered most. The irony is that my dad and all his family worked with the forestry service. I always pray for safety for those affected by fire.

Armylady I think a winter theme is a great idea. I love snowmen and I have a collection that comes out at Christmas and doesn't get put away until Spring. Mittens, skates, skiis, hot chocolate!
Old 07-15-2017, 07:30 PM

Hope you're okay Red. We had a fire the neighbors started at the bottom of our backyard. (The kids wanted a fire to cook, but it was a windy day. The mom wasn't there to supervise) Very scary. We have horses too, & had to move them etc. We had 23 firemen working to put it out. I sure hope that all is well. Prayers sent your way!

Armylady, I thought about a winter swap too. Lots of snowmen. I also Imagine that you can do a santa set that would fit into winter too. hmmmm When I hosted the Halloween swap, one year I added an extra smaller set where you could sign up for 3 1/2 size blocks. (This set wasn't required, but you could do up to, I think 3 sets,) Quite of few of the ladies signed up & they made really cute wall-hangings. Maybe you could do the winter swap & add a bonus set, not required of 1 or 2 sets of Santa Claus? Might work.
Old 07-15-2017, 08:48 PM

How scary Red. My thoughts go out to you and your community.
Old 07-16-2017, 08:39 AM
Power Poster

Thanks girls! I am just glad it is mostly over for our area. It was very stressful. I was a real tired woman yesterday, every bone and muscle in my body hurt. Hats off to those fire fighters, they are real heroes.
Old 07-16-2017, 11:52 AM

Ok ladies~ my guild is doing a BOM and the Jan block is a snowflake. If we get approval for a winter themed swap, this will be my 1st swap block. It's 9.5"[ATTACH=CONFIG]576660[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	0716171544.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	899.8 KB
ID:	576660