Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 07-22-2017, 06:17 AM

Looking for advice about downloading purchased designs. Is there a better way to do this? Currently I down load the zipped file. Then extract it to a file or CD. This usually contains 9 different files for different embroidery machines. I only want the version for my machine. Right now I go to each down load and delete the versions I do not need this is very time consuming. Any one have a better way to do this task??? Also sometimes there are files inside files. How do you deal with these???
Old 07-22-2017, 09:34 AM

If you buy any designs from Embroidery Library they send the designs in whatever format your machine uses. You can download them in a zip file or email zipped or unzipped unless it's a big design with several parts. I don't know any good way to DL files from other places. I guess they do that because it's easier for them or maybe because some people have machines that use different formats any they would only have to buy the design once.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:01 AM

Thank you MaggieLou, hoping someone might have an answer to this problem!!!
Old 07-23-2017, 11:15 AM

My daughter in law has a Janome 1001 and makes memory bears so it is very handy for the printing required for these. Today she has tried to do something which needs centering but cannot get it to work. When the print comes on screen it is fine but once it starts to print into hoop it starts somewhere else which means she has to work with the arrows each time. does anyone know if there is a major problem with machine or can it be fixed. Many thanks
Old 07-23-2017, 11:33 AM

I have a Bernina 880 that I don't know how to use. I can do some basic sewing on it, but have not yet learned the embroidery part. It's pretty intimidating! Retaking the sewing classes on how to use the machine, but school will be back in session for the embroidery classes. In time!
Old 07-23-2017, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jswolf View Post
I have a viking designer se. I'm wondering if anyone can help me with embroidery 4 software. my computer is not recognizing the driver for the dongle. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers with no luck Has anyone else had this problem Thanks
Jan
I don't know if anyone has replied to help you out; but, what you need to do is go to the HV website: www.husqvarnaviking.com. 2. Click on Support & go down the page to "Other Useful Software" and click on HASP Dongle Drivers. that should take you to an update for your dongle.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:13 PM
Gay

newjeepgreen I'm a bit confused, because embroidery machines have nothing to do with printing, they sew embroidery designs. So I gather both of you are new to this hobby and will assume you are not talking about a printer.

Firstly does your dil have the machine in 'embroidery mode'? Does she have the centre 'spot' of the fabric beneath the needle? - if not, then she will have to use the arrow keys. Designs usually are centered, so when you put a design on the screen the needle should be in the center of your hoop and
fabric - this should be the center of the design also. Not many designs will begin stitching in the center, but at the beginning of each colour section. The manual should explain, but I know we often have questions which they don't. Also make sure the hoop you use is not too small for the chosen design

Hope I have helped, as I am not familiar with this particular machine. Feel free to pm me privately if I can help further.

Old 07-24-2017, 02:40 AM

Is it just one emb design that does this (not centered), or do all the designs open off center? If that is the case, the machine may need be re-calibrated. Look in your manual for instructions--it is very simple. If it is just the one design that is off center and you do not have the software to allow re-saving to correct position, maybe a friend will do that for you. If I were next door, I would!
I had a strange problem yesterday with a digi'd patch for son. It showed on my 3 programs, did draw stitch 3 times--everything there..count, colors, size, etc. But when I put it on card or on floppy and took to machine, the image was not there. Finally I converted to another format (Hus) and then back to Pes. Solved my problem. Just an FYI in event someone experiences the same. It is miraculous!
Old 07-24-2017, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Maggie_Sue View Post
Looking for advice about downloading purchased designs. Is there a better way to do this? Currently I down load the zipped file. Then extract it to a file or CD. This usually contains 9 different files for different embroidery machines. I only want the version for my machine. Right now I go to each down load and delete the versions I do not need this is very time consuming. Any one have a better way to do this task??? Also sometimes there are files inside files. How do you deal with these???

There are a couple of options for your designs.

If using Windows, press the ctrl key and then hi-lite the ones to delete. Hit delete and all the selected files are gone. Easy & fast. Just be sure the desired format is NOT selected when you hit delete.

Second option that I like better.
Create a new folder with design name. Find the desired format and do a "copy/paste function into the NEW Folder. Some people call this method "drag/drop also. Be sure to also copy/paste the tutorial if available.

You can move this file into alpha order if you want or put under design categories. If you are starting out with designs, now is the time to organize them into specific files.

Then you can delete the entire zip file and the original file.

Have fun!
Old 07-25-2017, 01:26 PM

I recently traded in my Bernina 710 and got a Bernina 765, which does embroidery. I am taking a class at the shop where I bought it next month on using the embroidery module and I can't wait. I have already taken the first class, which was using the sewing functions. I am a fairly experienced quilter, but really want to add embroidery to my quilts. Does anyone else have this machine?