Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I did it!  I ordered EQ6 for me!! >

I did it! I ordered EQ6 for me!!

I did it! I ordered EQ6 for me!!

Old 12-16-2009, 03:41 PM

I found two sites with good prices when I ordered mine about a month ago: anthegran.com and softexpressions.com. It was on sale for $129.95 with free shipping. I don't know if it's still on sale or not, but worth a try for anyone who's interested.(I don't know how to post those a link-sorry)
Old 12-16-2009, 04:13 PM

Congrats Karla! We'll really see some creations when you get going!!
Old 12-16-2009, 04:35 PM

well that's good to know! Be sure to post and tell us how you love it!
Old 02-07-2010, 06:03 PM

I must be the only dumb one out here. I positively cannot get the hang of using EQ6. Our fabric store had a class and I even took that. They were not completely sure how it worked, so they mixed me up even more. I admit, I have not had the time to really play with it, but thus far, I have been terribly disappointed.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:58 PM

I bought in over Christmas holidays....I havent used it yet. Sooo busy ....hope I can use it.

Margie
Old 02-07-2010, 07:00 PM

Butterfli--I love love love it. I've made some designs--but mostly copying patterns I see somewhere else. I've read and worked through many lessons and skip around when I need to do something I haven't learned. I like to put up something and play with colors.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:47 PM

I just bought EQ6 recently & have only had time to do lesson one so far but I didn't find it difficult & they have great step by step instructions. I'm amazed by what I can already do after just finishing lesson #1. I'm looking forward to the time when I can play with it.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by mrsmail
I must be the only dumb one out here. I positively cannot get the hang of using EQ6. Our fabric store had a class and I even took that. They were not completely sure how it worked, so they mixed me up even more. I admit, I have not had the time to really play with it, but thus far, I have been terribly disappointed.
Congrats to anyone who gets EQ6 and understands it.
No your not the only dumb dumb out there. It seems like I have to repeat each lesson at least 2-3 times before I get it and I'm only working on lesson 3 at the end of it the first time, that was before my computer died and I had to Install the program in the new computer again, now I forgot what I did in the first two lessons? :-(
Old 02-08-2010, 07:43 PM

My daughter tells me that it takes 3 times doing something for the normal person to remember it. I would say that I'm normal as it did take me 2-3 times to just remember the icons & procedures. I think that they even say that in the instructions & they don't want you to get frustrated because they know it takes practice. It takes time for the normal person to remember things. It takes repetition. I think it will be worth it once I put in the practice time it takes to remember how the tools work & which ones are which. I think that will be half of the battle. Don't give up!!! I bet you can do it if you put in the practice time.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Power Poster

With some of these programs, if you are struggling, try doing the first lesson a couple of times a day until it makes sense and you remember what the lesson is teaching. Then move on to the next lesson...
If you still run into a problem, post a question in Main, and we can help you!!!
It is a great program, once you catch on :D:D:D