Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pfaff 1200 Ruler Work >

Pfaff 1200 Ruler Work

Pfaff 1200 Ruler Work

Old 08-14-2017, 09:13 AM

Default Pfaff 1200 Ruler Work

Hello, I have a Pfaff 1200 on a Grace quilting frame. I would love to do some ruler work. Has anyone tried attaching the extension table to the machine to have a firm base, adjusting the height of the frame and successfully achieved good ruler work?
If you have did you use Westalee Rulers? I live in Ontario, Canada and hope I can purchase them here.
Thanks for any help/advice you all can provide.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:11 AM
KLO

I don't have any answers but I have a similar set up (Inspira frame with same machine) and have been pondering this same question. I really hope someone answers your question. Ruler work is on the top of my list to try.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:23 PM
Power Poster

I have the Westalee ruler foot. It is available for low shank and high shank models. You just have to figure out which of those fits your machine. I believe there is a chart somewhere on the Westalee site.

My machine is not on a frame so I can't answer anything else.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:01 PM

Thanks for your response. I do know that this machine requires a high shank and that there is a foot available for this machine.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:05 PM

Hi KLO,
I was hoping to get some response to my question but sadly no .... perhaps most people have not tried ruler work. I will do some more searching and see what I come up and will let you know! Thanks for commenting. Linda
Old 08-18-2017, 10:04 AM
KLO

Originally Posted by GB Girl View Post
Hi KLO,
I was hoping to get some response to my question but sadly no .... perhaps most people have not tried ruler work. I will do some more searching and see what I come up and will let you know! Thanks for commenting. Linda
Linda, Thanks for offering to keep me in the loop. I have almost bought a foot and ruler on several occasions but since they are fairly pricey and I don't know if I can use them on my set up, I didn't. One of my questions, like you, was can I just put the table extension on and go for it. I know you have to have something to increase the bed size to use the rulers but will this work? Surely someone knows! I know that in this setup, you cannot do a large quilting area since it is limited by the size of the machine and the frame. But still ... I would love to be able to do some ruler work in the area I have. Maybe with both of us doing some detective work, we will find an answer. Hope to communicate with you with perhaps some answers soon. KLO