Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ruler Search >

Ruler Search

Ruler Search

Old 08-21-2017, 02:32 PM

Default Ruler Search

Hi, I just purchased the String Quilt Revival Book and now I'm looking for a ruler that they are using in the book. It's a "Square it up Triangle by Penny Haren." I have been all over the internet and even went on to Nancy's Notion because she is on the video with the two sister's that wrote the book. I went on the Creative Grid Web site but I can't find this ruler anywhere. In the book they recommend the Creative Grids Square it up Triangle but for the life of me I couldn't find it there. Have anyone seen this ruler. Thanks for any help. BusyLizzie
Old 08-21-2017, 03:45 PM

Go to the Jennie Doan Utube videos where she says someone asked if they could make the tube quilt without the speciality ruler. Jenny watched a video of making that quilt, then made one using the 45 degree line on her large square-up ruler. I just watched it this morning. Just google "Make tube quilt without speciality ruler."
Old 08-21-2017, 04:01 PM

https://www.softexpressions.com/soft...tiveGrids5.php
Old 08-21-2017, 04:32 PM
Power Poster

I have been making string quilts and just mark my square ruler with the size triangle they need to be cut.
Measure your tube of 4- 2-1/2" strips from bottom up to the top seam. Mark the corner w/painter's tape. Cut each side, flip over tube, cut both sides and continue onto the end of tube.

Now I am using 2" strips - 4 of them - measured, I marked under the 3-1/2" across the corner, cut like above, when four pieces are sewn together you will have 7-1/2" unfinished square.