Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Jordan Fabrics??? >

Jordan Fabrics???

Jordan Fabrics???

Old 08-19-2017, 04:26 PM

Oh, I absolutely LOVE Jordan Fabrics! First, please realize that their fabrics are high-quality by known manufacturers -Moda, Hoffman, Kaufman, etc. Jordan's claim to fame, so to speak, is in their pre-cut kits. Now, I realize that some quilters may scoff at pre-cuts, but I use them a lot because I find that arthritis in my hands is such a problem that despite my best efforts using good tools, my cuts are not as accurate as I would like. (I have just purchased an Accuquilt GO!, but it will take time for me to purchase all the dies I want but, in time, I will probably purchase fewer precuts, but I don't see me discontinuing my kit purchases from this company). Anyway, my first order from Jordan's was a table runner kit, log cabin pattern, and it is stunning. I can't tell you the number of compliments I've received -and from quilters who are infinitely better than I. I then purchased a (split?) rail fence kit, and I just finished the quilt top and need to now add the borders. It is beautiful. Did I mention that I LOVE Jordan Fabrics? Yes? Well, let me say it again! I'm getting ready to have lumbar spinal fusion surgery, and I know that fabric cutting is out of the question, but I will be able to sew quilts tops, at least. I now have in my possession three additional kits, and I am giving serious consideration to ordering their log cabin kit (I would need 2, I think) Moda Civil War -Kansas Troubles 3). I will say this, you can do a nice throw size with one kit by using borders, but if you think you want larger and need more kits, make up your mind quickly. These kits disappear quickly, and you probably won't see them again. ALSO, order the fabric needed for borders if you want exact matches to your quilt - I didn't on my rail fence quilt, and neither the kit nor the fabric is now available. Also, customer service is excellent! Finally, let me just say that the videos are AMAZING! I've learned so much from them, and I look forward to making different types of quilts AND purchasing kits and fabric from this company for a long time to come!
Old 08-20-2017, 11:52 AM

Is there a website for them?
Old 08-21-2017, 07:12 AM

Jordanfabrics.com I think or do a search

Originally Posted by lscho4jm View Post
Old 08-21-2017, 07:13 AM

Ischo4jm here it the web site Jordanfabrics.com I think or do a search

Originally Posted by lscho4jm View Post
Old 08-21-2017, 05:38 PM

Thanks for bringing to our attention this quilt store and videos.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:36 AM

Here is a direct link.
https://jordanfabrics.com
Old 06-22-2019, 08:18 PM

Awesome place to go shop and buy fabrics!!! Top lines, great choices, wonderful tutorials, reasonable prices. I live near there, been many times, always happy with my visit and my purchases. I love the tutorials, have done several. She is a great teacher, has great tips and does not skimp on methods. Any tutorial you watch will give you something new and satisfying.
Old 06-23-2019, 09:39 AM

I absolutely love Jordan Fabrics. I have not ordered fabric from there but have ordered patterns. Love Donna Jordan's tutorials and she always used well known brands of fabrics. Also, her husband does all of the cutting of fabrics and there are no pinked edges on any fabrics.
Old 06-23-2019, 01:42 PM
Power Poster

I love her videos. I usually watch one in bed before I fall asleep - but haven't ordered anything from her yet. I don't have a stash so will have to wait til I am in need of something particular. I read an earlier thread where their kits are good, so that is a possibility.
Old 06-23-2019, 05:55 PM

Terrific company. Have order fabric, kits and patterns from them. Received their daily newsletter. If you have any questions, they will respond quickly. All good fabric and patterns.