Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many quilts does one need??? >

How many quilts does one need???

How many quilts does one need???

Old 02-09-2010, 03:58 PM

Quilts do keep memories alive, when they are made with the previous owner's fabrics/clothes. Take your time and you will enjoy the ride, as you make your own memories.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:12 PM

I only have two that I kept for myself - my very first one
that I made and my origami flower quilt. The rest have all been given away and have 2 waiting to be quilted. I agree
with Renee, they're just like chocolate, can't have too
many. Plus I have 3 sons and 9 grandchildren so gotta
make more quilts.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:16 PM

lol there is never an end to how many i think i need i keep saying just one more
Old 02-10-2010, 04:54 AM

Who's counting???? I just keep making them because it is fun . .. then when I want to give one away I do . .. I love doing that because it is something that means something and who doesn't love something to wrap in and feel cozy . . . . . :-o
Old 02-10-2010, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by susiequilt
I live in Florida. I don't "need" any but I love to plan and make them.
I give away more than I keep.
:-D
When we lived in Fl, I made "Florida Quilts"; enjoyed my hobby of making the tops, and put them together with a backing and no batting. It was lots of fun, and now I use them for summer quilts.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:30 AM

I'm with you Katier825! I only need 1 more. I have at least 2 on every bed ( this time of year) a cedar chest that contains 6 unfinished tops, and 4 finished quilts. the linen closet contains 2 picnic quilts, 3 lap quilts, and 2 other 'seasonal quilts' , the book case in the front bedroom has an antique quilt I found folded on a shelf,my sewing room currently has 2 projects going, and I have 3 hangings for my cube at work, and 3 hanging at the house.... wait that doesn't seem like enough to me, I better get making some more! LOL!
Old 02-10-2010, 01:00 PM

I've made 90 and counting in the 20 years I've been quilting. Some have gone to charity and others to friends and family. Ironically, I do not have my quilts on the bed because we had a dog who slept on the bed. They are all stored in an armoire, lovingly folded. I bring some of them out and rotate them around the house as decorations.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:13 PM

I don't think you can ever have enough, plus with grandkids who keep growing, you have to "grow up" their current quilts. Plus, with charities all over everywhere begging for quilts..... I mean, you could quilt for years and years and years and there would never be enough!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by vjengels
I'm with you Katier825! I only need 1 more. I have at least 2 on every bed ( this time of year) a cedar chest that contains 6 unfinished tops, and 4 finished quilts. the linen closet contains 2 picnic quilts, 3 lap quilts, and 2 other 'seasonal quilts' , the book case in the front bedroom has an antique quilt I found folded on a shelf,my sewing room currently has 2 projects going, and I have 3 hangings for my cube at work, and 3 hanging at the house.... wait that doesn't seem like enough to me, I better get making some more! LOL!
Take them OUT of the cedar chest!!! The vapors of the wood never stop coming out, and they will eventually damage and discolor your cotton.