Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up >

Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up

Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up

Old 08-26-2017, 05:03 PM

HI Ladies...Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Friday I had a wisdom tooth pulled and I was really dreading it. I had my two upper wisdom teeth pulled 30 years ago and didn't want to go thru that again. Well I am happy to say that it was a breeze compared to last time. It popped out with just a little bit of tugging and stopped bleeding about 4 hours later. I expected a lot of pain but pretty much pain free! Not sure if it's ...I am 30 years older or now that I am 30 years older everything hurts now so I am use to it. hmmm. So happy that is over.

WMUTeach...I am so sorry that I put your address wrong. I hope that everyone that still needs to send sees the updated address.

SheriR....congrats on the new grandson. They are such a gift. I believe my kids are done having kids and I am lucky to have 6 grandkids...but I do long for the snuggle of a newborn.

SheriR...love your birdie quilt. Are you planning on putting sashing in between the blocks. Really like the double candies on the border.

Kele wow love your quilt. Love the colors of each block. I could probably do that, I have a large majority of my squares divided up in containers according to colors. hmmm Adding to the list! What size are you planning on making your quilt?

We have two of our ladies on here that live in Texas... Crispy_Frog and SheriR. Hope you ladies are okay. Please check in with us when you can. I know it is a really big state but that was one very scary hurricane !

Barb
Old 08-26-2017, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
SheriR....congrats on the new grandson. They are such a gift. I believe my kids are done having kids and I am lucky to have 6 grandkids...but I do long for the snuggle of a newborn.

SheriR...love your birdie quilt. Are you planning on putting sashing in between the blocks. Really like the double candies on the border.

We have two of our ladies on here that live in Texas... Crispy_Frog and SheriR. Hope you ladies are okay. Please check in with us when you can. I know it is a really big state but that was one very scary hurricane !

Barb
Thanks Barb! I'm glad your tooth removal went well. It's always a worry, isn't it

Mom and new grandson coming home tomorrow. They're both doing so well and we are feeling blessed!

I've been using different W-O-W fat quarters for my embroidery bases. I plan on cutting the left overs up into candy and bordering them with one row of white. Maybe a corner stone at each square point. I'm also trying to plan what colors to use on the rest of the blocks...

Thanks also for the prayers for Texas. What a mess huh!! I'm a little to far north and west for any damage. We're just getting clouds and occasional rain. Thank goodness.
Old 08-26-2017, 09:04 PM

Been trying to contact niece & nephew in Houston/Katy all day with no luck, please continue to pray for Texans. Thanks!
hugs,
dj
Old 08-28-2017, 04:10 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TRAVELINGGRAMMA! I hope you have a wonderful day Enjoy all of those new candies
[ATTACH=CONFIG]579677[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4036.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	223.9 KB
ID:	579677  
Old 08-28-2017, 08:23 AM

Hi ladies,
I got to see the eclipse in Wyoming with my parents! It was amazing! I spent some time up there taking care of them. Got back home and saw my darling children did not complete many of the things I asked, one of which was to please mail the quilt squares. I'm sorry they are late, but they should be there by now.

My brother is up here from Texas, visiting for the eclipse. He's lucky not to be in the flooding, but they will be taking in people to their ranch for temporary housing. I will be involved with Houston animal rescue fostering here in Colorado. I am heart broken, but am doing what I can. If anyone can foster any cats or dogs. it would mean the world to the people who had to leave them behind.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:20 AM

Happy Birthday!!! TravelingGrandma Have a GREAT DAY
Old 08-28-2017, 09:21 AM

Happy Bday to you! Travelin'Grams
Old 08-28-2017, 09:34 AM

Kele, love your candy quilt.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:17 AM

travelinggrandma, Many happy returns of the day! Happy Birthday!!!
hugs,
dj
Old 08-28-2017, 10:26 AM

Happy Birthday TravelingGrandma!