Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilitng Weekend--September 1-4, 2017 >

Virtual Quilitng Weekend--September 1-4, 2017

Virtual Quilitng Weekend--September 1-4, 2017

Old 09-02-2017, 04:10 PM

I came home from the reunion with a vintage Singer 16 Red Eye - circa 1921. It belonged to my BIL's grandmother but no one in his family sews or wanted it.
Pictures will follow if I can figure out how to use the photo program on my new computer. HAHAHA Wish me luck!
Old 09-02-2017, 04:40 PM

Sure is fun looking at everyone's quilts. I've got a few new ideas (like I need any . . .)

Got mine together and the first border on. Guess it's ending up king size. Might even end up staying on my bed, it goes quite well in the room.

I'm calling it "Got lost on the way to Snake River" because I started out planning to make a Snake River log cabin quilt. Got the pattern and was planning fabric, and while looking for color ideas, found a small picture of just a small section of a quilt with colors done this way, and down that trail I went! Still plan on doing the SR quilt.

Old 09-02-2017, 05:57 PM

That is awesome Cathy!
Old 09-02-2017, 06:26 PM

This is Beautiful !
Old 09-02-2017, 06:38 PM

some awesome projects! i'm jealous--spent the whole day dinking around with my LA trying to deal with skipped stitches and still not sure what's going on and of course with long weekend, not tech help available. Grrr..

So tomorrow I either suck it up and try more ideas or I go to my sewing room and sew a project--don't really have any waiting (THAT's unusual!) so may just start sewing strings to destress!
Old 09-02-2017, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict View Post
I haven't participated in one of these in quite some time. Lovely and ambitious projects! I am finishing up my BOOM blocks to mail on Monday. I need to straighten up my sewing room too! I am going scuba diving next weekend so need to pull out my gear and check it out. Also some preparations for a road trip later this month. I am going to a reunion in Nashville and my sister is joining me. She will not fly so I will fly to Omaha and meet her there. On the trip we plan to visit Missouri Star Quilt shop, Hancock's of Paducah and the Quilt Museum in Paducah. It will be fun. Can I skip the housework another weekend?

You will love the shops in Hamilton, Missouri "Missouri Star Quilt Shop" ... when you get to Hancock's in Paducah, KY., will be disappointed after stopping off in Hamilton, MO. If you have the time, there is a Fabric Shop in Chillicothe, MO " short distance from Missouri Star Quilt Shop .... it's worth the extra stop. OH! the name of the store is called "Cuts and Bolts".

We live 33 miles from Paducah, KY where Hancock's is located. I've only gone to the Museum once and that was in 1999. Boston Mom
Old 09-02-2017, 06:44 PM

Sure do like peeking at everyone's projects.

Last night I finished binding a doll quilt. Today I spent five hours in the kitchen prepping meals for the week so I don't have to think again about meals till next Sunday. I have been slapping together "meh" meals for two months, w/ no motivation since my mom passed away. But the dark cloud lifted today and I was invigorated.

While meatloaf was in the oven, I finished a second doll quilt. These will go with dolls and other toys in shoeboxes at Christmastime to one of my favorite charities.

Tonight after dinner I returned to working on my bird blocks that haven't been touched for a long while. Is it just me, or do others of you sometimes have a hard time remembering how a block went together? I'm having a devil of a time, even looking at the pattern. Seems the only "block" that's happening is a MENTAL block!
Old 09-02-2017, 08:13 PM

Oh my, NZquilter.. Congratulations!!

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
Wow, every quilter is so busy already! Macybaby, I love your Irish chain quilt!!

No quilting for me this weekend as..... My Baby Girl was born this morning!!!! I'll try to post a picture of her in the personal announcement section.
Old 09-02-2017, 08:24 PM

Love all the pictures. Lot's of work going on.

In this neck of the woods, the forest fires' smoke and the heat has zapped my energy. Not making much progress. Am trying to catch up on the bom challenge. Have 2 more to go. Samplers take a long time because all the pieces and fabrics are chosen and cut for only 1 block. Haven't done a sampler in 20+years, but these blocks look interesting. Pictures later.
Old 09-02-2017, 08:30 PM

Everyone's projects look great and so much quilting going on this weekend. I also hope to join along. I had a great sewing day yesterday. I started a memory T-Shirt Quilt. It's only the 2nd T Shirt quilt I've made. Today I spent a few hours sorting donation fabric for Quilts For Kids. We were blessed with 7 large tubs of quality fabric that was donated to our organization. Wow!