Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Avante vs. Innova >

Avante vs. Innova

Avante vs. Innova

Old 09-08-2017, 08:11 AM
Power Poster

Another happy Innovian here. Like dunster, I got mine just before LS came out so have the standard stitch regulator. There is a LOT more to LS than just having the stitch length controls on the front of the machine as opposed to the back like the standard SR. You also have more settings (like Dunster pointed out), can do up to 21 SPI I believe (standard only goes as high as 16 SPI) and is super responsive. I have been waffling about upgrading for a couple of years and talk myself out of it but I agree with Dunster, I do get that occasional longer stitch especially when coming to sharp point and switching directions and with constant stop and go ruler work. So once more I am thinking I need to upgrade. Everyone I know who has LS absolutely loves it and thinks it is well worth the added expense. I am thinking so too.

Many of the top winners in national shows are now quilting on Innova, big names like Gina Perkes (who used to be a Gammel girl) and Jan Hutchinson (not sure what she used to quilt on). And like Peckish mentioned I know of many longarmers who have switched from other brands to Innova. But you really need to try the machine out for yourself and decide. If you do go with Innova, spring for the LS.
Old 09-08-2017, 11:10 AM

Yes, the Indy shop is where I will go but they don't open until next week. I am anxious to try the Innova!
Old 09-08-2017, 02:14 PM

the regular stitch regulator moves with your movement. When you come out of a point or a dip, it takes a few stitches to compensate for the difference in speed. The Lightning stitch compensates for that and you have no change in stitch length. It was a selling point for me and has not disappointed me.