Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Returned and having fun with it >

Returned and having fun with it

Returned and having fun with it

Old 09-17-2017, 07:29 AM

Default Returned and having fun with it

Hi Recently returned to QB and really have enjoyed looking around a posting a bit. I can not however, find the settings button that will allow me to change my profile photo and make changes to my profile. At the top of the board page is the words Quilting Board on the left top corner and on the right top corner is a 3 dot icon and a search icon.

I figured I wanted to click on the 3 dots but that takes me to a page with quick link icons. I've clicked on the Profile icon and that opens my profile but there is no way that I have found to edit my profile. When I again click on the 3 dots it takes me back to the quick link icons.

I know in the past there was a way to view the Board with the old format butI was determined to understand the new format this week. Now I can't get back to the old format. Any help would be appreciated.

Please help.

Thanks Roni

Last edited by Lioness3xs; 09-17-2017 at 07:47 AM.
Old 09-17-2017, 07:52 AM

I solved my own issue. I went to the bottom of the window where there was an ad. Below the ad were the choices of Log Out | Full Site | Top | Cookie Policy. I clicked on Full site which took me to the familiar Home page with Profile and Log In tabs in upper right of window.

When I scrolled to the bottom of the list of options on the left I found that I could view in either the standard or mobile. That was the issue. It was set to mobile. Once I returned to standard the site is what I was familiar with.

My next questions is if I would be able to change my profile while in mobile view on my smart phone or table since I wasn't allowed that option on the laptop?

I answered my own question incase anyone else comes upon this issue and incase I forget on another day.

I would make a suggestion that those commands at the bottom of the page are moved to the top so they can't be confused with advertisement links.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:06 AM

I spoke too soon.

Now I can't get out of the mobile format. The commands at the bottom of the page won't connect me to anything. I click on Log out and the opeing window shows with the log in and profile options. The minute I log in I'm returned to the mobile format where I can't access my profile and then I'm considered a visitor.

Please help.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:26 AM
Power Poster

I have no idea how to help you but hopefully someone else will.
I returned and could not log in no matter what, even with admin help so I reinvented myself.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:41 AM
Power Poster

you answer is here Help, please, mobile messaging???
To find it, I went to Advanced search, entered key word Mobile, and clicked on QB Help Center. There are many posts containing your situation
Old 09-17-2017, 10:05 AM
Power Poster

I see settings at the top of my page all the time.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:19 PM

What I found is that Google doesn't translate the page the same way Windows does. With Windows I can go between mobile and default with ease. Google remains in the Mobile view and even when logging out it returned to Mobile.

In Google I went into the settings and changed everything associated with WB and cleared all passwords, history and search engines. Then I reopened QB and it went to the default page where all commands are visible. I looged back in which opened to the mobile view. At the bottom I selected Full Site and was able to then return to the dault pages where I could sign in and remain in the default page area. I will stay away from the mobile view if possible since there are times when I do like to change up my profile. Thank you to everyone who read and responded and that you for putting my post into the proper catagory. I appreciate that because I wasn't sure where it should have gone in.

I do know that some web sites work better with Windows than Google but I just prefer Google for all the extra apps that they offer that work well with my other software. Thank you.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Lioness3xs View Post
What I found is that Google doesn't translate the page the same way Windows does. With Windows I can go between mobile and default with ease. Google remains in the Mobile view and even when logging out it returned to Mobile.

In Google I went into the settings and changed everything associated with WB and cleared all passwords, history and search engines. Then I reopened QB and it went to the default page where all commands are visible. I looged back in which opened to the mobile view. At the bottom I selected Full Site and was able to then return to the dault pages where I could sign in and remain in the default page area. I will stay away from the mobile view if possible since there are times when I do like to change up my profile. Thank you to everyone who read and responded and that you for putting my post into the proper catagory. I appreciate that because I wasn't sure where it should have gone in.

I do know that some web sites work better with Windows than Google but I just prefer Google for all the extra apps that they offer that work well with my other software. Thank you.
When I come across a post like this with all these lovely directions, I copy and paste into word, then print it out. That way I can read along while I'm working to correct my errors. Sometimes I get the job done and sometimes I don't! ! !