Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many for you? >

How many for you?

How many for you?

Old 09-22-2017, 04:45 AM

This is a bit unusual for me, as I am working on some Christmas presents...usually I have 1 or 2 in various stages of completion, but at the moment I have no fewer than 6! Thankfully 2 are nearly done (just the binding and a label), and one is a block of the month for me...
Old 09-22-2017, 04:47 AM

I have a challenge that has to be finished by end of year -- we were given a yard of fabric and must use all of it. I have opted to do several small projects and one larger one. I just finished a big project (a tote for my Viking 6430 so I can take it with me to classes and UFO). In October we have a lock-in. It starts at 3:00 p.m. Friday and ends at 7:00 a.m. Saturday (16 hours of uninterrupted sewing) except for potluck and door prize drawings. Have lots of cutting prep to accomplish in the next four weeks.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:51 AM

Well presently I'm piecing on four but I'm finding that it"s way too many.. I do like several at a time for the variety. Three of the four are baby quilts so hopefully I can complete them soon. As far as UFOs it's around ten.
Old 09-22-2017, 05:07 AM

Let's put it this way - I have half of a cabinet devoted to UFO's!

Quilting is my hobby that I do for fun, so I don't stress too much about whether or not I'm finishing things or not. I do what I feel like doing, when I feel like doing it. It all gets done eventually.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:30 AM

Too many. LOL
Old 09-22-2017, 06:40 AM

I have 9 wall hanging projects going right now, all on the front burner. I even took on 2 more and stuck them ahead of the 9, so it's really 11. All fabric is out in project stacks. My apartment looks like a fabric store. And I feel stressed.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:42 AM

I'm currently quilting a baby quilt that I made for a GS friend's first grandchild, due in October, so had to set the lap quilt top I was piecing for my DIL aside. Hope to finish those blocks next week and piece the top for that. I probably won't quilt it though until later as our daughter just announced she is pregnant with her first. Naturally I went right out and bought the fabric for that. I bought the pattern at least 7 years ago, before she even was seriously dating LOL. It was perfect for her. I even have left over Minkie from the backing on the previous baby quilt, to make a small tag blanket (18" square) for travel. This is the story of my life, and I suspect a lot of yours: you have good intentions and then something pops up to interrupt your plans. My brain always works faster than my quilting, so I am never lacking for projects. I don't even want to count the UFOs and PIGS that are set aside for that someday when I have nothing else to work on.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:53 AM

Oh my!! I have 2 baby quilts on my couch now basted and ready to quilt. I have one quilts for kids halfway done, I have a jacobs ladder top half pieced and I have started cutting another baby quilt. When I get tired of one I just move to the other ha ha ha
Old 09-22-2017, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by lots2do View Post
I have some BSOs: Barely Started Objects, mostly from classes. I also have some PPs:Problem Projects that I haven't found the solutions for yet. Then there are a few FPs:Forgotten Projects that are languishing somewhere or other. Now ask me how many projects are started only in my head!
This sums me up perfectly!! Especially all the projects in my head that I have started sorting fabric for!!
Old 09-22-2017, 10:15 AM

I have 6 in progress now, one ready to quilt and 4 tops done and 1 more to put together. They are all for Christmas.