Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Always said I wouldn't, but I did!   (Again) >

Always said I wouldn't, but I did! (Again)

Always said I wouldn't, but I did! (Again)

Old 09-25-2017, 06:15 AM

Thanks for the good laugh. The truth is that we all have some barriers to overcome. You have already stepped beyond the pseudo guilt and preconceived barrier to making anything that is not your idea. Go with it and enjoy the new freedom. Think of your kit the same way you think of a cake mix and enjoy it.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by LenaBeena View Post
......can hardly type.....Colorado friends said they would bar the door so I couldn't get out of the store without buying i..so I did buy a.........hard to type again..........quilt kit.
I've been there. So excited or so happy or so angry that I was just shaking. I couldn't even sign my name.

I also "almost always" change a pattern. I never buy patterns unless it's required in a class. The last class, I changed it a lot and won first place at the show.

So, if I were you, I would change something on it, just to make yourself feel better. I can understand where you are coming from. You need to do this.

And be sure and read all the other posts on this thread. There is lots to learn here.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
I'm getting confused. i took your post as humorous but from the other posts it appears that others didn't see it that way.
We quilters do funny things when we are in a gang of other quilters and I took it that way.
This was my thought also.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:57 AM

I would love to know what kit made you step out of the box!! Enjoy!! Life is to short to stress over your first kit!
Old 09-25-2017, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by LenaBeena View Post
Yes, of course, I try to always solve the problem myself and call for help only if needed. Like I was taught way back: You wouldn't copy someone else's Math problem answers, or someone else's English essay, so don't copy someone else's pattern. Still thinking create or copy. So will do it my way, not to prove a point, just to make it better with other colors or whatever I like, while still using the designer's pattern. That will make me happy for sure. Guess I should delete this post as it is not making some of you happy. Sorry
Well, I thought your post was funny (which I think is what you were going for). I understand some of that ingrained guilt if we don't do what we were taught when we were children! I still feel guilty whenever I throw out food or waste anything.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:17 AM

Sometimes I buy a kit and use the fabric for a different project and the pattern for my fabric choices. Not done intentionally but have bought a kit and put it away, found it and liked the fabric for a project I was working on at the time but not for what I purchased it for. This just happened last week, I wanted to do a fall table runner and was searching for the perfect backing and found it in a kit I purchased a few years back that I never did. Used some of the fabric and found better suited (for my taste) for the kit.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:32 AM

Oh that Jenny Doan!! We are all curious to see which kit we are all in a dither about. Is it on the website?

You are so lucky to get to go there.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:27 AM

Don't feel guilty! Sound like you really enjoyed yourself! You have to treat yourself sometimes too. What a great opportunity to go to Missouri Star and plus enjoy their birthday bash!
Old 09-25-2017, 10:38 AM

Me too! I love it when one's creativity kicks in and we produce an original item that people drool over.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:57 AM

The original pattern and fabric selection is what attracted you to this kit in the first place! Make the kit. Gift or donate it if you really can't live with it. But you'll have the pattern to make as you please with your own fabric selection next time