Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Table Runners >

Table Runners

Table Runners

Old 10-02-2017, 05:53 PM

All of them are beautiful.....like a mini table runner quilt show!
Old 10-03-2017, 04:59 AM

Really lovely table runners. I have that pattern plus the Triangle Frenzy Swirl and enjoy them both. I love the ease in which they go together but the fact the design looks so complex. But I am having more and more difficulty finding the striped fabric. Where did you get yours?
Old 10-03-2017, 05:13 AM
Power Poster

Fun runners! Nice to see the same pattern done in different fabrics.
Old 10-03-2017, 05:45 AM

Beautiful!
Old 10-03-2017, 06:34 PM

Nice runners!
Old 10-04-2017, 05:48 AM

I do almost 100% of my shopping for these fabrics on line. The closest quilt shop for me is 40 miles each way, and they don't even have striped or border fabric most of the time. Then I have a couple of quilt shops that are 120 miles each way that I visit 3 or 4 times a year. And sometimes they have a border fabric, but most of the time they don't. So I buy most of them online. Sometimes I google search, and sometimes I get emails from fabric shops that feature them. It's kind of a hit or miss, but it works for me. Good luck on your search.

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
Really lovely table runners. I have that pattern plus the Triangle Frenzy Swirl and enjoy them both. I love the ease in which they go together but the fact the design looks so complex. But I am having more and more difficulty finding the striped fabric. Where did you get yours?
Old 10-08-2017, 09:14 AM

Those are all just beautiful! Great jobs!
Old 10-08-2017, 09:28 AM

Thanks so much javin22. Speaking of just beautiful, I absolutely love your avatar quilt! It is gorgeous!
Originally Posted by javin22 View Post
Those are all just beautiful! Great jobs!
Old 10-08-2017, 11:46 AM

They are just beautiful. Your centers look perfect. I have tried to make one twice and the centers looked awful. What is the trick?
Old 10-08-2017, 01:38 PM

Hi Ms Kay,
Making the centers look perfect is the hardest part of sewing these table runners. Here are a couple of tips to maybe help.
1. When sewing the triangles together to make the top row, make sure that the bottom of the top row (which you are going to sew to the top of the bottom row) all matches up perfectly. This is the part I focus on when I am making the top row. You don't want any of the edges longer, or shorter than any of the other triangles. Then do the same thing with the top of the bottom row (which you are going to join to the bottom of the top row).
2 When I am ready to sew the top row to the bottom row I start in the middle. I stick a pin where I want the same to be in the top row, and then I stick that pin through the place I want the seam to be in the bottom row. Then I make sure everything is lined up and finish pining it. I do this will all the places where I want the fabric pattern and the centers to match up working out from the center to the ends.
When I am ready to sew I start on one side, holding individual pins and pulling a little to stretch whichever piece is shortest.

Wow, this sounds like maybe I am not explaining it very well. If you end up having more questions, let me know.

Also, even doing this my centers don't always match up perfectly. Sometimes they are only a little off and I just leave it. Sometimes they are off enough that they don't look good at all. When that happens I take about 10 or 12 stitches out on each side of the boo boo, repin and try it again. This usually works.

I have heard people say that this pattern is so easy. I agree that the pattern is pretty easy, however these table runners are pretty fussy when you start putting them together. For me, after about 50 of them, and learning these little tricks, they usually come out OK. But - I have had a few where they just didn't look good anywhere but in the garbage. I hate that when it happens, but sometimes it still does.

I hope this helps. Like I said - if you have any more questions, don't be afraid to contact me. I will help you as much as I can.

And - remember to have fun - even if they are fussy.

Julie

Originally Posted by Ms Kay View Post
They are just beautiful. Your centers look perfect. I have tried to make one twice and the centers looked awful. What is the trick?