Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bonnie Hunter's Next MQ >

Bonnie Hunter's Next MQ

Bonnie Hunter's Next MQ

Old 10-09-2017, 01:49 PM

Does anyone know what places Bonnie visited this year, that might have served as inspiration for this year's mystery?

Every year I say I won't buy fabric for the mystery, and every year I buy fabric for the mystery, LOL.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:33 PM

She said she would post colors after she gets back from China.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:56 PM

Super excited for this year's mystery! I recently retired so am really, really hoping to keep up this time around instead of finishing months later.

For anyone who is unsure of their ability to do one of BH's mysteries: Yes, there are a LOT of pieces - I don't think any of them has under 4,000. But her directions are really detailed and she includes many photos. Don't have time to do it all? Print or save the directions (they will be taken down a month or so after the mystery ends) and do a few units each week as posted to be sure you understand that week's process. There will be lots of folks doing the mystery, so there will be a lot people you can lean on for help if you need clarification.

There are threads here - in challenge section , I think, of some of her previous mysteries, as well as quite a few pictures. They will give you an idea as to both Bonnie's mysteries and the support that is at your fingertips. My avatar is one of her past mysteries. The colors suggested for this one ("Easy Street") were purple, turquoise and lime green, I think - but those colors are not in my box! And neutrals, lots of neutrals! Love her idea of neutrals - not just white or white on white, cream, etc., but a range that is anything from stark white to just lighter than a lunch bag, with lots of print on them. If you check Pinterest, look for Quiltville quilts.
Old 10-09-2017, 03:17 PM

every summer, I say I won't join in...and every October I make a lovely mess stash diving for colors! i am planning on getting my En Provence ready to be Leaders and Enders for this yrs mystery. I still have Celtic Solstice to quilt!

She might be a bit later this yr on colors as she will have to get her hours sorted after her China trip.
Old 10-09-2017, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
Every year I say I won't buy fabric for the mystery, and every year I buy fabric for the mystery, LOL.
HAHA!!! Me too!! I'm a sucker for her mystery designs - they make me challenge mysef!
Old 10-09-2017, 03:22 PM

Peaceandjoy - I really like your Easy Street colors! Could you show us a larger pic please
Old 10-09-2017, 06:50 PM

This year I'm hoping to use my stash, even if I need to change the color way. Last year I was able to keep up with all the clues, but I'm still quilting it! My goal is to finish it this week.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:57 PM

i've only done Celtic Solstice, but would encourage others who haven't done one to give it a whirl--her quilts really do challenge you to improve your piecing skills and she does an excellent job of teaching how to do that.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:29 PM

My very first Bonnie Hunter mystery was Allietare. Loved doing the mystery quilt and can't wait for this year to start.
Old 10-10-2017, 02:13 AM

Can’t wait! I have made the last 3 MQ’s. Love the piecing not so much the quilting. I have learn so much from Bonnie.