California Fires

Old 10-13-2017, 02:18 AM

I was born and raised in California, but moved to Indiana. My two brothers are still there; one is smoked-in, the other one is in Oregon looking for another house. He still has his old one, but this is the second time for them. Several years ago they were evacuated. They have had enough and are both retired now.
Old 10-13-2017, 02:45 AM

Be Safe
everyone
Old 10-13-2017, 03:35 AM

My daughter and son-in-law both work for the University of the Pacific in Stockton, CA. They can see the firey glow at night and smell the smoke, but are far enough away (currently) that they are o.k. As quickly as these fires are moving, they are ready to pick up their two cats and one dog and head out if necessary. Important items are lined up by the front door to be loaded into cars at first sign of evacuation.
Old 10-13-2017, 06:01 AM

I live about 20 miles south of Sewnoma, who posted above. This has been an unbelievable week. Last Sunday my husband and I drove up to Clearlake for the day, right through the areas that burned that night. Hard to believe we saw those sites for the last time. There was a fire just south of us that got all kinds of evacuation rumors going, but it was contained. There is one over the mountain to the east, and our town is on standby, although I don't expect we will have to evacuate.
Old 10-13-2017, 06:12 AM

It is so stressful and devastating for those people just leaves one without words I think there is going to be a rough time in Montana this winter to because of the many acres burned and left wild animals without food, already mountain lions spotted in towns and the FWP will not do anything until they cause damage and I think of all these little kids walking to and from school.If we get lots of snow this winter there will be many starving animals.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:12 AM

My cousin lives in Seal Beach, CA and she has ash on their outside things. A dear friend of hers has one horse but now is fostering at least 40 more to be out of danger. Guess they are putting animals in fair ground buildings.
Heard the cell phone towers are burned down and people have no way to communicate. Bless those who care for the tame animals.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:14 PM

Bless all the people who are helping and especially the firefighters
Old 10-13-2017, 08:23 PM

such a scary, sad situation--my prayers to all that are affected and fighting the fires. So very devastating and way too many lost lives.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:24 PM

I leave in the North Bay, we have lots of smoke and ashes but no fires so far, my heart goes to all those who suffer the loss of a dear one and/or their homes , it's heartbreaking, thank you to the firefighters, they worked and work long hours until they drop from exhaustion, thank you for your help.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:29 AM

Praying for all. We lived in Petaluma in the 60's and loved the beauty of the area. Every weekend we would drive to see all the area we could while we were there. It is so sad that so much beauty is gone. Praying for all who lost love ones and homes.