Roku free channel

Old 10-16-2017, 01:31 PM

Default Roku free channel

I have not had time to check this out, always leery of the 'free' channels. Has anyone gone to get the channel, if so, what kind of things do they offer. I do not watch any new movies or tv shows, so wonder just what they have to make it worth while to have.
Old 10-16-2017, 04:39 PM

I haven't, but I find many good movies on YouTube that are free,..,,even hallmark movies. One favorite I had been looking for was 'What the Deaf Man Heard'
Old 10-16-2017, 05:18 PM

Boy finding Hallmark movies would be great, I only do antenna tv, Amazon Prime or Roku. I am not a computer savvy person, so do you watch them on the computer or tv.
Am having hip surgery in January or February and would like to be prepared to watch some movies.
Old 10-17-2017, 06:29 PM

Thumbs up

We bought a Roku unit for $30. For a while just watched their programs. Not regular programming like the three big junk channels but specials like on Nova, history channel, A$E, Nat Geo and more. Joined Net Flix for $9 a month (we get it on our TV through the Roku) and have even more great specials and good old movies to choose from. Only have Wi-fi and internet from the cable company. Have to have Wi-Fi to use Roku. It cut our cable bill in half and we have all of the great entertainment we want!

Last edited by Sharnql; 10-17-2017 at 06:33 PM.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:58 AM

We love our Roku mixed with Netflix. So many new channels added every week and the Netflix cost is cheap considering costs of so many other sources.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by HisPatchwork View Post
I haven't, but I find many good movies on YouTube that are free,..,,even hallmark movies. One favorite I had been looking for was 'What the Deaf Man Heard'
I looked at the Youtube channel with my Roku but it says it needs a code--where do I find a code for my Roku. Spouse, who has passed, could find things but I do not know.
'What the Deaf Man Heard', looked it up and that does sound like a nice movie to see.

Maybe I will get NetFlix for the winter.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:06 PM
Power Poster

Farmquilter- if you have the money Netflix is really worth the low cost each month. We watch it all the time, in fact, we don't watch regular TV at all.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:23 PM

How much does Netflix cost a month? How do you pay it: monthly bill or credit card?
Old 10-20-2017, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy View Post
How much does Netflix cost a month? How do you pay it: monthly bill or credit card?

Netflix pricing:
https://www.digitaltrends.com/movies...lan-breakdown/

I couldn't get into Netflix subscription rates on their site because I already subscribe to the service. We pay 12 dollars a month. Which we can watch on four different screens (such as a smart tv, a pc or laptop and a tablet or phone).

We bought a Ruko box and just love it. Only paid sub we have is Netflix, Amazon Prime members can view lots of "free tv shows and movies". Plutotv is free to watch with a Ruko box.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:44 PM

I went to the link provided by Chasing Hawk and signed up but do not see anything happening. They should need my credit information but can not see anything as yet or an email from them.
BUT, I used to have Netflix so maybe I am in their system still, is that possible.

Am so tired of not being able to see something decent and that I really want to watch.

It is only me here, so I would only do one tv for $8 per month or should I bump it up to the $10 for HD programs.