Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence >

Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence

Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence

Old 10-22-2017, 11:19 AM

I'm not an entomologist but love the show "Monsters Inside Me" a few episodes of that will change your life!!!!!
Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
Of course we don't have to follow her color scheme. I've sort of taken the pledge to shop in my stash.....and I've been to a LQS once a week for the last year!! I have a lot of yellow and black, sort of bumble bee. I'm just not a blue person, more purple and green. I"m so glad her tick bite is not flaring up, but as an entomologist, I am most concerned.

She said that she was not going to let someone tell her she couldn't walk in the woods. Maybe I know too much, but I will listen to every insect in the world that carries a disease and there are a lot of them. Now there is plague in Madagascar. I wish I would have majored in something else!

Marcia
Old 10-22-2017, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I'm not an entomologist but love the show "Monsters Inside Me" a few episodes of that will change your life!!!!!
Just thinking about that show creeps me out! When we had cable I didn't even like to see the ads.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:32 PM

Thanks for all the kind comments ladies! Love your quilt too, PeriWink!

I definitely want to shop my stash this year too. I have tons of blues, Browns and pinks, so I'm hoping I can incorporate those colors. I loved the scrappy "neutrals" as Bonnie calls them, so I've been collecting them all year.
Old 10-22-2017, 03:06 PM

I've got a dark blue print, light blue solid, and a batik w/ oranges / purples / blues, a black w/ blue and orange flowers and I was thinking of a wow to brighten it. She usually has about 5 colors. The orange in the batik is more rusty then bright.
Old 10-22-2017, 05:18 PM

Is she doing a mystery this year? I haven't seen any clues this year hinting at the theme.
Old 10-22-2017, 05:30 PM

She has said she will get her colors out after she gets back from China, should be around the first week or so in Nov.
Originally Posted by DebLuvsQuiltng View Post
Is she doing a mystery this year? I haven't seen any clues this year hinting at the theme.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:23 PM

She does a mystery every year. It always starts the day after Thanksgiving. Colors are usually posted at the end of October or first part of November.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:57 PM

Are we going to have a fresh thread?
Old 10-24-2017, 07:38 AM

I think it's usually inspired by one of her trips, but I didn't keep track of where she traveled this year.

Podunk Princess has started a thread for the mystery the last few years.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by PeriWink View Post
Here's my version of En Provence. I'm not thrilled with it. Just needs a binding so I'll add that to my binding stack. I enjoy playing along on this board, but I'm not sure I'll join in this year, and of course, this year's will be gorgeous!! What's a girl to do?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]582645[/ATTACH]
Not thrilled with it? Really? I think it's one of the prettiest ones!

I think the first Quiltville mystery I did was 2008. There have been some I did not do; having kids and working full time made it difficult to get things started sometimes, never mind done. The first quilt I remember her using strings on - Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll - was one I didn't do. At the time I was glad as I didn't like the string look. Now I love it and hope to someday get to that one, too.

I've just finished my En Provence, and Talkin' Turkey (not a mystery, it's from her String Fling book) is almost done. Kids are now grown and gone, and - best news - I've retired! My goal is to keep up with this year's clues. Then back to Allietare and Grand Illusion; both are well under way and need only a couple of weeks to finish. It's an illness, I tell ya!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	En Provence.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	232.6 KB
ID:	582902   Click image for larger version

Name:	EP label.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	582903