Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Craftsy New Way to Watch >

Craftsy New Way to Watch

Craftsy New Way to Watch

Old 10-23-2017, 05:24 AM

Red face Craftsy New Way to Watch

Hi there, All: someone posted an article some time ago about Craftsy making some changes to the business, I wanted to share with that I received an email regarding membership for free 14-day trial and after that if you don't cancel will be $14.99 month, the trial is membership.craftsy.com.
Old 10-23-2017, 05:33 AM
Power Poster

I'm a member and didn't receive this email. Maybe it applies to new members only?
Old 10-24-2017, 03:20 AM

I received an e-mail a couple of months ago that Craftsy had a new owner. This may be one of the changes to the site. I was sorry to hear about this change because I use Craftsy a lot.
Old 10-24-2017, 03:52 AM

14.99 a MONTH??? That's $180.00 a year! To watch Craftsy classes?

That's not going to happen.

Are you still going to be able to buy individually?

I guess I'd better get the ones I want before they switch over.

Watson
Old 10-24-2017, 04:28 AM

i didn't get an email yet but i heard about the monthly membership a few months ago, where you can watch any of the classes they offer with the membership, but you can still watch the classes you already purchased w/o the membership i wonder too if you still can buy individually, craftsy now offers an option to buy the class dvd pretty pricy i think.
Old 10-24-2017, 04:48 AM

I'm a Craftsy fan-girl (I have purchased lots of classes) but even I think their DVD prices are utterly ridiculous. AND if you are purchasing a DVD of a class you already own, it shouldn't cost more than an extra $10, in my opinion. The DVDs cost pennies to produce.

I had no idea they had been bought out by someone. Any info on what company purchased them?
Old 10-24-2017, 06:19 AM

Watson: yes you can still purchase individual courses and I still receive the emails for with sale prices the membership is under craftsy: membership and the individual courses are under the old site. I seem to look at craftsy more than the other sites I was paying for, so I did not renew membership with QNNTV, The Quilt Show, National Sewing/Quilting, and many more that I was signed up with. This works for me while at retreats I can watch any and all courses.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:22 AM

DonnaC: do a search in the threads another quilter shared the information with us she saw the article in an email newsletter and it gave a lot information, then other quilter shared what they have read and posted the link to the articles.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:49 AM

Interesting thread...I get a lot of emails from Craftsy for both classes and kits but I had no idea they sold. I will keep my eyes open for upcoming changes. Thanks for the update.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:03 AM

I received the email and I chatted with a Craftsy person. She said you don't have to do the membership. If you have already gotten classes you can continue to watch them and also continue to buy classes but it has to be at the www.craftsy.com website. They even sent me an email back with the complete conversation and then a survey. I sure didn't want a membership after I have all but one or two of the quilting classes.
Originally Posted by wbfrog View Post
Hi there, All: someone posted an article some time ago about Craftsy making some changes to the business, I wanted to share with that I received an email regarding membership for free 14-day trial and after that if you don't cancel will be $14.99 month, the trial is membership.craftsy.com.